|Variant of||Captain Deadbeard|
| Scattercannon (short range)|
Extend-o-cannon (long range)
|Abilities|| Barrel Blast|
Captain Cannon is a Rare Captain Deadbeard variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He was at first not playable in the beta of the game. However, you could see him in the Backyard Battleground if you're playing as a plant in Flag of Power. His long range weapon fires cannon balls that explode on impact or can be detonated early in mid-air, similar to Electro Pea and Petrified Cactus. His Scattercannon fires at a higher rate of fire, but deals a bit less damage and has less ammo than the Scurvy Scattershot.
"Captain Cannon hasn't had the best of luck with explosives. Just take a look at what was once a perfectly good hat. I don't even think those are his real eyebrows."
Captain Cannon can detonate his shots in mid-air! Simply zoom in, fire and hit the fire button again to trigger an extra large explosion!
- Increased projectile movement speed
- Increased inner blast radius for manual detonation
- Removed falloff for impact damage
November 2016 Patch
- Increased damage from 20 to 25
- Decreased reload time from 2.25 to 2
- Increased damage on detonation from 30 to 35
- Increased regular splash radius from 1.5 to 2
- Increased damage on impact from 35 to 40
An ability similar to the Garlic Drone or Zombot Drone. When used, Captain Cannon creates a Parrot equipped with a telescope laser and explosives. The Parrot Pal has 5 HP and can only be used for a limited time. This replaces the Zombot Drone from the first game.
Captain Cannon will summon a cannon and then sits on top of it. The Cannon will then start shooting explosive cannonballs repeatedly. The cannon has 6 ammo.
Captain Cannon summons a barrel and hides inside it, lighting the fuse inside, and then detonates it to damage nearby plants, knocking himself into the air. The barrel also gives Captain Deadbeard reduced damage whilst he is in it.
25 Damage always.
40 Direct head shot, 35 Direct Body shot, 10-20 Splash damage.
- In the beta, Captain Sharkbite had Captain Cannon's long range weapon.
- His hook seems to be a fizzing fuse, similar to those that are normally seen on a cannon.
- In the November 29, 2016 balance patch update (AKA Frontline Fighters DLC), he gained a few buffs. The Scattercannon's damage was increased from 20 to 25, and decreased reload time from 2.5 seconds to 2 seconds, whereas the Extend-o-cannon's damage was increased from 30 to 35, splash damage increased from 1.5 to 2, and impact damage was increased from 35 to 40.