"Captain Cannon hasn't had the best of luck with explosives. Just take a look at what was once a perfectly good hat. I don't even think those are his real eyebrows."
Captain Cannon can detonate his shots in mid-air! Simply zoom in, fire and hit the fire button again to trigger an extra large explosion!
An ability similar to the Garlic Drone or Zombot Drone. When used, Captain Cannon creates a Parrot equipped with a telescope laser and explosives. The Parrot Pal has 5 HP and can only be used for a limited time. This replaces the Zombot Drone from the first game.
Captain Cannon will summon a cannon and then sits on top of it. The Cannon will then start shooting explosive cannonballs repeatedly. The cannon has 6 ammo.
Captain Cannon summons a barrel and hides inside it, lighting the fuse inside, and then detonates it to damage nearby plants, knocking himself into the air. The barrel also gives Captain Deadbeard reduced damage whilst he is in it.
The primary short range weapon of Captain Cannon is the Scattercannon, and the long range is Extend-O-Cannon.
- The ammo in a clip is 8.
- The reload time is 2 seconds.
- Both weapons are semi-auto.
- The bloom is low.
- The damage at all ranges is 25.
- The max DPS at all ranges is 12.5.
- The long range body damage is 30 and critical (head shot) damage is 36.
- The mid-range body damage is 40 and critical is 46.
- The splash damage is either 1, 7 or 10, depending on the distance of the target from the projectile.
- Projectile speed is slow.
- The max long range body damage DPS is 22.5 and the critical is 27.
- The max mid range body damage DPS is 30 and the critical is 34.5.
Captain Cannon is a strong character to use with his damage output. His slow projectile is a double-edged sword; it makes it easier to detonate his shots but makes it harder to land direct hits on long range. Because of this reason, it is recommended to use him in mid-range. At mid-range, he can deal the highest damage every second of any Captain Deadbeard variant. Do not use the shotgun unless you are desperate because you can only take out Roses and Sunflowers with a fully reloaded weapon, so only use your shotgun as a last resort or to finish off weakened plants.
- ▲ Increased projectile movement speed
- ▲ Increased inner blast radius for manual detonation
- ▲ Removed falloff for impact damage
November 2016 Patch
- ▲ Increased Shotgun damage from 20 to 25
- ▲ Decreased reload time from 2.25 to 2
- ▲ Increased damage on detonation from 30 to 35
- ▲ Increased regular splash radius from 1.5 to 2
- ▲ Increased damage on impact from 35 to 40
- ▼ Decreased detonation damage from 35 to 32
- ▼ Decreased detonation inner damage radius from 4 to 3
- In the beta, Captain Sharkbite had Captain Cannon's long range weapon.
- There are many details on Captain Cannon that resemble those of a cannon.
- His hat appears to be hit with a cannon ball, due to the fact that there is a huge, smoking hole in the middle of it.
- Also, instead of having a normal peg leg, he appears to have a wooden wheel, similar to those of a cannon.
- His hook seems to be a fizzing fuse, similar to those that are normally seen on a cannon.
- He is one of three manual detonation characters in the game, the others being Electro Pea and Petrified Cactus.