—Penny while acknowledging defeat
Cannons Away is an exclusive Brain Buster played in Pirate Seas where the player must use the five already-placed Coconut Cannons to shoot down Seagull Zombies. Shooting them gives players points and hitting three of more Seagull Zombies with one cannonball results in a combo and more points. At the end, the points turn into coins (approximately 1% of the player's score is awarded as coins). In order to beat the level, the player must beat Penny's high score.
- Cannons Away Tutorial (Day 3): 5000
- Cannons Away I (Day 11): 30,000
- Cannons Away II (Day 20): 40,000
- Cannons Away III (pre-1.7) 60,000
This is a list of scoring patterns for this Brain Buster.
1x Combo! : 1 • 100 = 100
2x Combo! : 2 • 100 = 200
3x Combo! : 3 • 200 = 600
4x Combo! : 4 • 200 = 800
5x Combo! : 5 • 300 = 1500
6x Combo! : 6 • 300 = 1800
7x Combo! : 7 • 300 = 2100
8x Combo! : 8 • 400 = 3200
9x Combo! : 9 • 400 = 3600
10x Combo! : 10 • 400 = 4000
11x Combo! : 11 • 500 = 5500
12x Combo! : 12 • 500 = 6000
13x Combo! : 13 • 500 = 6500
14x Combo! : 14 • 500 = 7000
15x Combo! : 15 • 500 = 7500
16x Combo! : 16 • 500 = 8000
If the player solves how much a combo gets then add it, if it is not already added.
Save your cannonballs until Seagull Zombies come in large numbers. Killing one or two Seagull Zombies should be avoided at all times. This way, you can rack up big combos and thus earn more points.
Wait for a wave where multiple curve-shaped waves of Seagull Zombies appear and wait until they come together. Fire Coconut Cannons accordingly to keep them frozen in place and watch the points roll in. However, do not spend too much time waiting, as the Seagull Zombies will fly off-screen after a period of time if they are not killed.
Avoid turning on the Turbo Button when playing these levels, as it will make the Seagulls Zombies faster, making it easier to miss your shots.
- Cannons Away is the only Brain Buster in which the zombies do not target the player's house. Instead, they fly away after a while.
- Cannons Away and Mummy Memory are the only Brain Busters that prohibit the player to use Power Ups or Plant Food.
- No matter how many times players play this Brain Buster, there will always be coins rewarded and the money bag.
- Cannons Away is the only Brain Buster and level where there is a score.
- At the beginning of the level, it says "Ready... set... FIRE!," instead of "Ready... set... PLANT!"
- If the player loses, the screen says, "Penny is not impressed with your score!" This still appears after the 1.7 update, despite the fact that these dialogues were removed in that update.
- A brain does not appear, but if the player taps where the brain is supposed to be, he or she will still hear a squish.
- Your current score, and the target score of a level will display below the game over message and where the brain is situated.
- These levels, Dark Ages - Night 12 when the Puff-shroom disappears, all Save Our Seeds levels if the zombies or a trap tile killed one of the endangered plants, and levels with normal objectives (only happens if they are not met or the player fails them) since the 1.7 update (other than the "Survive without planting on Dave's mold colonies" and "Never have more than X plants" on later updates) are the only levels with unique losing screens. However, for the objective that involves from not planting on mold colonies, the game over screen will only display when it was "Don't plant on Dave's mold colonies" objective.
- If the player reaches a high enough combo, the message given along with the combo may be the following:
- "M-M-M-MONSTER TACO!," a reference to Unreal Tournament's Monster Kill phrase.
- "TOASTY!," a reference to the Mortal Kombat's Toasty! easter egg.
- "Twiddydinkies!," a reference to Crazy Dave's Twiddydinkies.
- "I'M CRAZY FOR COMBOS!"
- "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!", with thirteen Os.
- Many people use this Brain Buster for gold farming, as no matter what score players get, as long as it is over the target, they will receive an amount of coins greater than a money bag.
- These levels are some of the only Pirate Seas levels where there is no bridge between the two sides of the planks. The other one is Pirate Seas - Day 22.
- Playing Cannons Away levels is the easiest way to complete quests which require defeating certain numbers of Seagull Zombies.
- †: Strategy page
*: Unconfirmed name