- I'm not saying you cheated... cheater.
- — Penny while acknowledging defeat
Cannons Away is an exclusive Brain Buster played in Pirate Seas where the player must use the five already-placed Coconut Cannons to shoot down Seagull Zombies. Shooting them gives players points and hitting three of more Seagull Zombies with one cannonball results in a combo and more points. At the end, the points turn into coins. To beat the level, the player must beat Penny's high score.
- Cannons Away Tutorial (Day 3): 5,000
- Cannons Away I (Day 11): 30,000
- Cannons Away II (Day 20): 40,000
- Cannons Away III (pre-1.7) 60,000
This is a list of scoring patterns for this Brain Buster.
1x Combo! : 1 • 100 = 100
2x Combo! : 2 • 100 = 200
3x Combo! : 3 • 200 = 600
4x Combo! : 4 • 200 = 800
5x Combo! : 5 • 300 = 1500
6x Combo! : 6 • 300 = 1800
7x Combo! : 7 • 300 = 2100
8x Combo! : 8 • 400 = 3200
9x Combo! : 9 • 400 = 3600
10x Combo! : 10 • 400 = 4000
11x Combo! : 11 • 500 = 5500
12x Combo! : 12 • 500 = 6000
13x Combo! : 13 • 500 = 6500
14x Combo! : 14 • 500 = 7000
15x Combo! : 15 • 500 = 7500
16x Combo! : 16 • 500 = 8000
If the player solves how much a combo gets then add it, if it is not already added.
Save your cannonballs until Seagull Zombies come in large numbers. Never kill one or two Seagull Zombies. This way, you can rack up big combos and thus, earn more points.
Wait for a wave where multiple curve-shaped waves of Seagull Zombies appear and wait until they come together. Fire Coconut Cannons accordingly to keep them frozen in place and watch the points roll in.
- This is the only Brain Buster in which the zombies do not target the player's house. Instead, they fly away after a while.
- This and Mummy Memory are the only Brain Busters that prohibit the player to use Power Ups or Plant Food.
- No matter how many times you play this Brain Buster, there will always be coins rewarded and the Money Bag.
- This is the only Brain Buster and level where there is a score.
- At the beginning of the level, it says "Ready... set... FIRE!", instead of "Ready... set... PLANT!".
- If the player loses, the screen says, "Penny is not impressed with your score!". This still appears after the 1.7 update, despite the fact that these dialogues were removed in that update.
- The player gets coins equal to approximately 1% of the number of points the player scored. If the player loses, he or she will not get coins.
- If the player reaches a high enough combo, the message given along with the combo may be the following:
- "M-M-M-MONSTER TACO!", a reference to Unreal Tournament's Monster Kill phrase.
- "TOASTY!", a reference to the Mortal Kombat's Toasty! easter egg.
- "Twiddydinkies!", a reference to the store Crazy Dave owned in the first game.
- Many people use this gamemode for gold farming, as no matter what score you get, as long as it is over the target, you will receive an amount of coins greater than a coin bag.
- †: Strategy page
*: Unconfirmed name