It is based on the ceramic signs the Camel Zombies hold in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Its name and the way it is animated when played may be a reference to zebra crossings, a type of pedestrian crossing used in many places around the world.
- Class: Hearty
- Tribes: History Pet Trick
- Ability: All Zombies get +2.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Camels - they're filthy, ill-tempered animals that'll spit on you just for fun. But Zombies love 'em all the same.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
You can use this trick when stronger zombie fighters are present, such as Wizard Gargantuar or Shieldcrusher Viking, especially zombies that use their effects periodically through turns. Kite Flyer's amount of health can help you gain more cards, Paparazzi Zombie can gain a small stat boost on top of more health combined with his ability, and Newspaper Zombie can absorb more damage to gain more strength. This can be done the same with Jester, allowing him to take more hits. The fact that this trick affects every zombie fighter on the field will allow them to be present longer in order to protect your zombie hero.
A good strategy is to use Camel Crossing when there are several Armored zombies on the field, since the damage done to them are reduced when they get hurt. Using this trick, Armored zombies become much more menacing when this trick is used on them. Even a small group of Coneheads can easily become a force to be reckoned with upon the utility of Camel Crossing.
Since this is a pet trick, it can be used to activate the special abilities of Cat Lady and Zookeeper. However, only The Smash can use this combo. Despite the fact that this combo is restricted to The Smash, this synergy is extremely great with Zookeeper, giving a +1 boost to all pet zombies on the board when this trick is used.
- While its description talks about the characteristics and habits of camels (more likely llamas/alpacas), there are no actual camels that appear when this trick is played, rather, ceramic signs with camels on them are used.
- It is the only pet card in the Hearty class which is not related to a hero's signature superpower.
- Its name is an example of alliteration.
- When this card is played, the sound it is played is from Plants vs. Zombies 2 where the player flips a Camel Sign.