|Game||Plants vs. Zombies|
|Number of flag(s)||Two|
Pole Vaulting Zombie
Screen Door Zombie
Ducky Tube Zombie
Dolphin Rider Zombie
|First time reward(s)||A Trophy|
|Not first time reward(s)||A Money Bag|
|<< Levels >>|
Buttered Popcorn is a mini-game exclusive only to the iPad, Kindle, and Android versions of Plants vs. Zombies. It takes place on a Pool level and the only plants available are four Cob Cannons and no lawn mowers.
The objective of this mini-game is relatively simple: the player needs to stop the zombies by launching Corn Cobs, but he or she can also temporarily stop zombies by placing Butter on their heads. The player can use his or her fingers in a smearing action on the touchscreen to immobilize large numbers of enemies, rather than tapping the heads of individual zombies. It is also worth noting that if a Cob Cannon is eaten, it cannot be replaced, and there are no Lawn Mowers or Pool Cleaners to protect the area against the zombies that will inevitably get by. The most difficult zombie on this level is the Dolphin Rider Zombie, as it moves at high speeds, and, as such, hard to stop with butter. Whenever the Gargantuar is in the third column, the player should not shoot a Corn Cob at him immediately, as he will toss his Imp. Instead, he or she should stun him with butter to prevent this from occurring. The player can also stun his Imp before it eats a Cob Cannon. If the player still cannot beat this level, the player can use two people instead of one (one person could control the Cob Cannon and one person could butter the zombies, etc).thumb|348px|rightThe player can also fire two Corn Cobs at once and targeting the two land lanes closest to the pool so that zombies in an area in all rows will be hit.
- For some reason, Buttered Popcorn is a Pool level, despite no aquatic plants being used, but this may be so that players can only have four Cob Cannons, or so Dolphin Rider Zombies can appear, making the game harder.
- This is the first Mini-Game exclusive to a particular version of the game.
- Buckethead Zombies, Conehead Zombies, Newspaper Zombies and Screen Door Zombies appear in this level even though they are, for the level's purposes, identical to regular zombies.
- Butter will not damage the Zombies in this Mini-game or in Co-op mode on the Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation 3 versions of the game.
- The achievement Pool's Closed cannot be unlocked by winning this mini-game, most likely because the player cannot use aquatic plants in this mini-game.
- This Mini-game can be played before purchasing the Cob Cannon.
- Aside from the Gargantuar, all the zombies in this level are the same as Last Stand.
- Repeatedly tapping on a zombie will place more butter on it.
- The player can stun the Dolphin Rider Zombie with butter before he enters the pool.
- When the zombies eat all Cob Cannons, the player can't kill any more zombies, inevitably causing the player to lose.
- The player can earn the Popcorn Party achievement in this minigame, because there is a chance to have two or three Gargantuars.
- There is a glitch where if the player restarts the game over and over, there will be no Gargantuars.
- Like the mini-game Last Stand, there are no Lawn Mowers or Pool Cleaners.
- This mini-game is a quick-and-easy way to earn the Pyromaniac achievement, as long as the player does not use a Rake.
- You will also earn Don't Pea in the Pool.
- On the Android version, the mini-game's description is identical to Beghouled Twist's.
- This is only one of two Mini-games without a plant selection screen that lets you use Upgrade Plants. The other is Air Raid.
- The only other trait these mini-games have in common is that they are both version-exclusive mini-games. (Air Raid is only found on the Nintendo DS version, and is not to be confused with the cancelled mini-game of the same name).
- †: Strategy page