Burrow is an ability for the Chomper in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. It burrows underground to cover a large distance quickly. It can instantly kill a zombie above it. While burrowing, the stamina is displayed in a meter at the bottom of the screen, called Dig Power. The reduction rate of the Burrow stamina meter will drop if the player does not move when the ability is activated. It takes 15 seconds to recharge, but swallowing a zombie reduces the cooldown of Burrow by an unknown amount of time. Its alternate abilities are Sprint Burrow and Rainbow Warp (Garden Warfare 2 only, exclusive to Unicorn Chomper).
The Chomper's ultimate weapon. He has the ability to tunnel underground and ambush unsuspecting Zombies by emerging under their feet and swallowing them whole!
While using Burrow, the player must remember that they are not immune to attacks while going underground and getting out of the ground. If used in the heat of battle, you cannot attack, which can allow an enemy to easily vanquish you. It is best to start using Burrow far from the enemy, and try to swallow an enemy that is alone.
If a Chomper is using Burrow, you should try to get to higher ground, as the Chomper will probably be unable to reach you while using Burrow.
An Engineer can stun a Chomper using Burrow with their Sonic Grenades, and the Engineer will even gain XP for doing so. However, if the player is not an Engineer, if there is a Loudmouth Bot nearby, they can lure the Chomper towards said bot, as the Loudmouth Bot can also stun a Burrowing Chomper.
If an All-Star can be fast enough, they can also escape a Burrowing Chomper by firing an Imp Punt as the Chomper is eating them. If the Imp Punt was fired at the right time, it will explode and vanquish the Chomper, leaving the All-Star alive.
- Outhouse Zombie, Coffin Zombie, and Barrel Pirate cannot be swallowed when they are in their shields. The same thing also happens on Map Pirate, Newspaper Zombie, and Screen Door Zombie with their shields.
- It can stop the spinning attack of Disco Zombie.
- When battling bosses with Chomper, the player should not waste it. It deals no damage at all, and some bosses, like the Yeti Zombie, are more dangerous at close range.
- The player can also burrow in the grill in the Taco Bandits mode, which can be useful in the right hands.
- When a Chomper is burrowed, it is possible that it can swallow an airborne zombie if the Chomper activates the attack right before the zombie jumps.