|Abilities||When a Zombie hurts a Flower, destroy that Zombie.|
|"You mess with the rose, you get the thorns!"|
Briar Rose is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 6 to play, and has 3/4. It has no traits, and its ability destroys any zombie that does damage to a flower instantly after. This ability persists until all Briar Roses are removed from the field.
It is based on the rose, a woody perennial flowering plant of the genus Rosa, in the family Roseceae, or the flower it bears.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When a Zombie hurts a Flower, destroy that Zombie.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
"You mess with the rose, you get the thorns!"
- Name change: Rose Thorn → Briar Rose
By itself, Briar Rose has lacking stats for a premium, super-rare, 6-sun cost plant. However, its ability is what makes it shine on a flower-based deck. Its strength stat of 3 also means it cannot be destroyed by Rolling Stone, Weed Spray, or Rocket Science.
A hero who can use this plant to its max potential is Wall-Knight, since he has access to Steel Magnolia, which increases other plants' health so they can withstand more hits, and Poppin' Poppies, which create 3 Lil' Buddies, spelling doom for any attacking zombies in the same lane as Poppin' Poppies and next door. Rose can also do good with this, since she has the most flowers out of any Solar hero.
Briar Rose is a very devastating plant if the field is full of flowers. However, do note that it must be a zombie that damages the flower, not a trick. You can easily use any damaging/destroying trick to dispose of Briar Rose or any other flowers quickly. Alternatively, you can also Bounce this plant. If you really have no alternative other than to directly attack Briar Rose and most likely the other flowers as well, it is best to focus on Briar Rose and destroy it in one hit, and preferably with a bonus attack.
- Its description is a reference to the quote, "Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns" from the movie The Breakfast Club.
- This is the third plant that is based on roses, the others being Rose and Rose Swordsman.
- When a zombie is destroyed by Briar Rose, a red flash appears like that of Arcane Enigma's.
- It is one of the six flowers to use its arms to fight zombies. The others are Sunflower Queen, Match Flower Boxer, Morning Glory, Royal Hypno-Flower and Poppin' Poppies.