|Absorbs||12 normal damage shots|
|First seen||Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 17|
|Delivers only the freshest moves at bargain basement prices.|
Breakdancer Zombie is a zombie encountered in Neon Mixtape Tour in Plants vs. Zombies 2. During the rap jam, when any kind of zombies get close to it, it will start to spin, then kicking them forward for 1.5 tiles. Zombies that are kicked can be blown away by Blover. It was first revealed in the Neon Mixtape Tour Side B developer diary released on September 15, 2015.
Kicks zombies forward when transported by the power of rap.
Delivers only the freshest moves at bargain basement prices.
Do not be fooled by its health, Breakdancer Zombie teaming with dangerous zombies can cause a lot of trouble to the player's defense, especially if it teams with Buckethead Zombies, MC Zom-Bs, Hair Metal Gargantuars, or Boombox Zombies. Moreover, Breakdancer Zombie kicking another Breakdancer Zombie is even more dangerous, allowing them to become a relay system of sorts that can bring zombies into your defenses quickly, and if there are enough Breakdancer Zombies on the same row, any zombies can easily get kicked to your lawn mowers or house. It can be very dangerous even if it is near your lawn mowers/house because unlike the Zombie Bull Rider thrown from Zombie Bull, it can have zombies reach your lawn mowers without it have to let the zombies get to the edge of the lawn and walk to them. Using Thyme Warp when this zombie is around and the rap jam is playing is not recommended, as right when the zombies are able to move, Breakdancer Zombie is able to kick all the zombies. If enough Breakdancer Zombies are sent back, they can reach the end of the lawn in quick succession.
In Modern Day, Breakdancer Zombie is an even bigger threat, as they tend to appear early, as well as kicking dangerous zombies such as Octo Zombie. Breakdancer Zombies also appear from Neon Mixtape Tour portals, along with MC Zom-B. These two can be really dangerous if not dealt, with, as an MC Zom-B can spawn, following by a Breakdancer Zombie who will kick the MC Zom-B deeper into your defenses. Fortunately, he does not appear in Highway to the Danger Room.
- Plant Garlics on Breakdancer Zombies' lane to move them into the lane that has no dangerous zombies, making their special ability useless.
- Plant Blovers on time to kill all kicked zombies. This may require speed and timing skill (it is more effective when using Thyme Warp first).
- Try to kill Breakdancer Zombies quickly by using area-of-effect plants, such as Laser Bean.
- Use slowing plants to give more time for you to stop Breakdancer Zombies.
- Use Chard Guards and Hurrikales to repel zombies that are kicked by Breakdancer Zombies.
- Use Iceberg Lettuce or Stunion to freeze or stun the zombie he is about to kick. Frozen and stunned zombies cannot be kicked. Buttered zombies, on the other hand can still be affected.
- It and Jester Zombie have the same spinning animation. However, it rotates itself 180 degrees then spins instead.
- It actually does a 1990 degree spin to kick the zombies forward.
- Breakdancer Zombie and MC Zom-B are the only special Neon Mixtape Tour zombies that share a jam, which is rap. All other special zombies have their own jam.
- Coincidentally, both are the only two zombies to wear hats in the aforementioned world (excluding Zomboss).
- If one looks carefully, it does have hair which is tied in a ponytail.
- This is shown more clearly in the poster for Modern Day part 2.
- It is slightly faster than MC Zom-B despite both of them having Hungry speed, allowing it to catch up to and kick MC Zom-B into the player's defenses.
- Zombies that are in mid-air after being kicked by this zombie can be blown away by Blover or Hurrikale.
- It can kick zombies past Infi-nut's force field, similarly to the raptor.
- It and Boombox Zombie are the only special zombies in Neon Mixtape Tour that cannot instantly kill any plant, even if their jams play.
- When it is slowed while spinning, the player can see its legs sticking out of the whirlwind.
- When its jam plays, the squeaking of its shoes can be heard.
- Unlike Jester Zombie, it will not get a speed boost while spinning. Instead, it will not move, simply spinning in place unless another Breakdancer, Spring Bean, Chard Guard, Primal Peashooter, or Hurrikale forces it to move.
- It is the zombie counterpart of Chard Guard, with (possibly) slightly more knockback.
- However, Chard Guard hurls back zombies while Breakdancer Zombie kicks them forward.
- It is voiced by Elliot Mina according to the credits.