|Tribe||Gourmet Sports Zombie|
|Abilities||When played: You get +3 this turn.|
|Sells only 100% organic brains.|
Brain Vendor is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Brainy class. He costs 3 to play, and has 2/1. He does not have any traits, and his ability gives the zombie hero +3 when he is played.
- Class: Brainy
- Tribes: Gourmet Sports Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: You get +3 this turn.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Sells only 100% organic brains.
- Rarity change: Rare → Uncommon
Playing this zombie is basically like playing a zombie for free, provided the player has 3 brains available. This is because he gives back the amount of brains he costs, thus making him free in a sense. Using this early is a good strategy to put some pressure onto the plant hero by filling a lane while allowing you to save your brains for other zombies or tricks. If you want to play the Brain Vendor, make sure to play this before the other zombies, as otherwise, you may not have enough brains to play Brain Vendor. However, quantity is not always better than quality. By that, this zombie has very low stats; compared to Zombie, he only has 1 extra strength.
Super Brainz can combine this with Mixed-Up Gravedigger, hiding all Brain Vendors in gravestones. During the Zombie Tricks phase, the hero could potentially get up to 12 brains, allowing for extremely powerful combinations of tricks. Professor Brainstorm can also do this, allowing him to play Gargantuars' Feast, but the player must gain Mixed-Up Gravedigger from Eureka or Triplication.
Note that this is a sports zombie, and thus will have synergy in Rustbolt sports decks. Because this card is essentially free, multiple Brain Vendors can be used to fill a lot of lanes followed by using a Zombie Coach to make it so all of them can't be hurt, protecting Rustbolt from most forms of damage. You can combine this with Team Mascot to boost its stats as well. Rustbolt can also use Flag Zombie to lower Brain Vendor's cost, giving a total profit of 1 brain per Flag Zombie on the field.
Because of his low stats, this zombie should be very easy to destroy. If playing as a Kabloom hero, Sour Grapes is a great counter to this zombie as its ability will destroy all Brain Vendors on the field provided they didn't get a health boost. Using tricks is not recommended on this zombie. Only use one if the zombie hero has lots of zombies on the field and a trick is needed to ease off the pressure. Avoid Bouncing this zombie, as he will only support the zombie hero due to his refunding ability.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Brain Vendor.
- If Brain Vendor is made from a Portal Technician destroyed during the "Fight!" phase, he will activate his ability anyway. However, this is useless since neither hero can play anything during the "Fight!" phase, excluding superpowers they get after blocking an attack.
- When he activates his ability, he can be heard shouting "More brains for you!" in a raspy voice that is quite hard to hear.
- In the game's code, there is an unused trick version of him called "Brains in a Jar," and it costs 2 brains.