|Usage||Single use, instant|
|Weakness|| (can't be blown up)|
(shockwave can wipe out all seeds in front of a plant)
|Unlocked|| US: $4.99 · EU: €3.59|
UK: £2.49 · TR: ₺7.99
AU: $4.99 · PL: 12.38zł
BRL: R$5,99 · ID: Rp75,000
|Bombegranate is explosive, but she likes to think that there's more to her than that. She's also deciduous and exarillate!|
Bombegranate is a premium plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2 released in the 5.2 update. When planted, Bombegranate explodes exactly like a Cherry Bomb and leaves behind nine pomegranate seeds in a 3x3 area on the lawn, which will explode when a zombie steps on them, damaging the respective zombie. These seeds can be planted on and can also be shoveled up, but will not refund sun.
She is based on the pomegranate, a fruit-bearing deciduous shrub or small tree. Her name is a portmanteau of "bomb," referring to the fact she is an explosive, and "pomegranate," the real-life fruit this plant is based on.
SUN COST: 150
Bombegranate explodes and leaves 3x3 grids of exploding seeds that damage zombies.
Bombegranate is explosive, but she likes to think that there's more to her than that. She's also deciduous and exarillate!
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
|1||0||0||150||35 seconds||90 nds||10 nds||3x3|
|2||10||1,000||150||34 seconds||95 nds||12.5 nds|
|3||75||5,000||150||33 seconds||100 nds||15 nds|
|4||200||10,000||150||32 seconds||105 nds||17.5 nds|
|5||400||20,000||125||25 seconds||110 nds||20 nds|
|6||750||30,000||125||24 seconds||115 nds||22.5 nds|
|7||1,000||40,000||125||23 seconds||120 nds||25 nds|
|8||1,000||50,000||125||22 seconds||120 nds||27.5 nds|
|9||1,500||60,000||125||21 seconds||120 nds||30 nds|
|10||2,000||75,000||100||20 seconds||120 nds||30 nds|
*For each tile.
Like Grapeshot, Bombegranate can be seen as an upgrade to Cherry Bomb. Instead of producing grapes that ricochet off of walls and zombies though, Bombegranate leaves behind seeds that zombies can step on. When stepped on, the seeds will damage the zombies that step on them. Like the aforementioned plants, Bombegranate has quite a long recharge. Bringing Imitater can help alleviate her long recharge.
In Lost City, Bombegranate proves herself useful for shutting down big threats such as Excavator Zombies, Parasol Zombies, Relic Hunter Zombies, and Imp Porters. Also, Turquoise Skull Zombie cannot instantly destroy the seeds.
Like Grapeshot, Bombegranate really does not differ in usage from Cherry Bomb, but she is a worse option compared to Grapeshot since the seeds often times are not as good of an upside as the grapes are, unless you are facing a Jester Zombie.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Bombegranate.
- She is the second plant released not based on any world or event, after Kiwibeast.
- Bombegranate, Atomic Bombegranate, Pomegranate Machine Gun, and Pomegranate-pult are the only plants based on pomegranates.
- She is the only one that is an instant-use.
- The words "deciduous" (meaning "falling off at maturity") and "exarillate" (meaning "having no aril," with the aril being a tissue surrounding the seeds of a fruit) in its Almanac are traits of the Pomegranate, the fruit this plant is based on.
- Bombegranate is the second plant that is a direct upgrade to Cherry Bomb, the first being Grapeshot.
- This makes Cherry Bomb the plant with the most direct upgrades.
- Although Ankylosauruses push zombies via the ground, they do not set off her seeds. This also goes for zombies that did not die from the initial explosion.
- It is currently the only instant-use explosive plant that Escape Root cannot transform into.
- Bombegranate can appear in the Zen Garden, although the boost does nothing. Her appearance in the Zen Garden is most probably a glitch as no instant-use plants can be boosted.
- Bombegranate's second costume is very similar to Kiwibeast's second costume with the difference of a color.
- In a notice on the device's entry screen, Bombegranate is referred to as a male, despite being considered a female in the Almanac.
- The seeds have a similar appearance to Dave's mold colonies, except for the fact that the seeds are red while the mold colonies are green.
- Imp Dragon Zombies are susceptible to the pomegranate seeds despite having fire immunity, causing them to burn up and die if they touch the seeds.
- Jester Zombie can destroy her seeds without stepping on it when Jester Zombie deflects Coconut Cannon's projectile to the seeds.