Bog of Enlightenment is a galactic super-rare plant environment card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. It costs 3 to play, and its ability gives all Amphibious plants in it +2, and all non-Amphibious zombies in it -2. This ability persists until Bog of Enlightenment is overridden by another environment.
Its design is likely based on Dagobah, a swamp planet from the Star Wars saga.
Its description is a reference to how the character Yoda speaks in the Star Wars films.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Environment
- Abilities: Plants here that are Amphibious get +2. Zombies here that aren't Amphibious get -2.
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Super-Rare
Good for Plants, it is. Good for Zombies, it is not!
- Added to the game.
This environment generally makes a ground lane into a lane that benefits Amphibious cards. When using this environment, try to play it on a zombie that isn't Amphibious in a ground lane so it becomes weaker. Then, try to play an Amphibious plant in that environment to make them powerful to destroy zombies. To make it even better, playing plants with both Amphibious and Team-Up like Navy Bean can benefit this environment even more.
Each hero can use this environment effectively in their own way:
- Green Shadow can use this as a cheap way to boost Potted Powerhouse's stats by playing many Amphibious plants on it.
- Nightcap can potentially weaken zombies to 0 strength so that they are unable to destroy his weaker mushroom swarms.
- Rose can use this to decrease the strength of zombies, allowing her to easily destroy them with Whack-a-Zombie, Chomper, or Toadstool.
- Citron and Beta-Carrotina can use this the most effectively, since they have access to the most Amphibious plants.
Since this environment weakens only non-Amphibious zombies, it is alright to play Amphibious zombies in that environment, as the only issue is that Amphibious plants get +2 strength. However, it is usually better to override it as quickly as possible as it can weaken several non-Amphibious key zombies. You can easily remove this environment by playing any other environment to cancel the Amphibious benefit.
- Its codename is "Bouncy Toy."
- It was first renamed as "Dego-Bog," a reference to its Dagobah origins. It was later changed to "Bog of Enlightenment."
- Its ability originally bounced all fighters played on it.