Body-Gourd is a galactic legendary plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. He costs 5 to play, and has 3/6. He has the Amphibious and Team-Up traits, and his ability fills the plant hero's Super-Block Meter to full when he is played, allowing the plant hero to block the next attack directed to them. This ability does not activate if the plant hero has already blocked 3 times.
His name is a portmanteau of "bodyguard," referring to his ability and appearance, and "gourd," the plant he is based on.
His earpiece and sunglasses allude to the stereotypical outfit of bodyguards.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Squash Plant
- Traits: Amphibious, Team-Up
- Ability: When played: Fill your Super-Block Meter to full.
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Legendary
He moonlights as a decorative center piece during the fall.
- Added to the game.
On his own, a 3/6 plant along with the Amphibious and Team-Up traits can help you protect a fragile plant behind or block a dangerous threat in one lane. However, the main benefit is his ability as it allows the plant hero to instantly block once any zombie attacks the plant hero. This ability can be used to survive a single dangerous hit from a strong zombie and get a superpower to turn the tides of the game, unless the zombie that hurts the plant hero has Bullseye.
However, the downside is that this plant can wither the plant hero's Super-Block Meter easily, meaning once your hero blocked 3 times, your hero cannot block any more damage from any zombie. Due to there only being three charges on the Super-Block Meter, do not bother putting 4 of these in a single deck, as the last Body-Gourd's ability will be completely useless.
Take note that this ability is useless against Shieldcrusher Viking. If he damages the plant hero while Body-Gourd is in play, he will drain the Super-Block Meter anyway, wasting Body-Gourd's ability.
This plant can allow the plant hero get an instant block once any zombie hurts the plant hero, so don't rely on just one strong zombie if you are playing against any Guardian hero. The best way to counter this ability is to play multiple zombies with Bullseye as the trait doesn't allow the plant hero to block damage from zombies. You can also use a cheap zombie to block it, so a strong zombie can have a chance to damage the plant hero heavily.
Shieldcrusher Viking can easily waste Body-Gourd's ability as he can empty all 8 segments of the plant hero's Super-Block Meter.
- Body-Gourd is one of the very first galactic cards found in the game (by means of datamining). It has been in the game since update 1.0.11, its first release.
- Though, it did not have the same abilities as its current version. Body-Gourd was a galactic super-rare (Or Set 2 R3 card, which basically means galactic super-rare in code). Its ability was, in quote of the game: "When Played: Your Block Meter goes up by a Double Charge." Back then, the game used terms to describe what kind of block chances you'd get, and a Double Charge was worth 4 block meter ticks. It also retained its original stats, but didn't have Team-Up or Amphibious.