Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Weakness|| (deflects projectiles)|
|Unlocked|| USA: $6.99 · EU: €6.99 · CAN: $9.99 · BRL: R$14,05 · UK: £4.99 · AU: $10.99 · |
ID: Rp99,000 · PHI: ₱315.77 MY: RM23.23
|Blooming Heart loves zombies. She gets guff from her fellow plants over it, but she stands firm. She's into zombies and makes no apologies about it.|
It is based on the lamprocapnos, or the bleeding heart. Its name is a portmanteau of "bloom," the name for one or more flowers on a plant and "bleeding heart," the real-life plant this plant is based on.
Sun cost: 150
Blooming Hearts lob projectiles that infatuate zombies, causing increasing damage the more that hit.
SPECIAL: damage increases across multiple Blooming Hearts.
Blooming Heart loves zombies. She gets guff from her fellow plants over it, but she stands firm. She's into zombies and makes no apologies about it.
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Blooming Heart will throw big projectiles at every zombie on screen, by dealing an amount of 10 normal damage shots initially, and increases 2 nds each time they hurt the same zombie. The maximum damage it can deal is 15 nds.
Also, if a zombie is hurt by Blooming Hearts' Plant Food effect, it would bear more damage even when hurt through normal attack, which increases 1 nds each time.
Blooming Heart draws great advantage in dealing large amounts of damage to strong zombies, and it deals heavy splash damage when fed with Plant Food. It is well used in tandem with Shrinking Violet, as shrunken zombies are weaker and will take much more damage when Blooming Heart is used. However, take note that Blooming Heart's regular projectile does not deal splash damage. Thus, it is not a very ideal choice in Endless Zones, as when there are large hordes of zombies, Blooming Heart will not be able to handle all of them.
Blooming Heart is not a good choice in Dark Ages, as Jester Zombies will deflect its projectiles, Wizard Zombies will turn it into sheep before it manages to deal heavy damage, and Zombie Kings will keep turning Peasant Zombies into Knight Zombies, thus nullifying Blooming Heart's increased damage.
In the 4.4.1 and 4.5.1 versions of the game, there was a particularly nasty glitch that could happen with Blooming Heart, where it would either deal no damage to a zombie, or make a zombie invincible, meaning they could only be killed by lawn mowers, instant-kill plants, Hypno-shroom, or Power Toss. Thusly, it was a bad idea to plant too many Blooming Hearts, as planting more would just increase the risk of the glitch. Updating to version 4.6.1 also works, as this update patches this issue.
However, this glitch could be used to the player's advantage if the player brings a Hypno-shroom, and hypnotizes the invincible Zombie.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Blooming Heart.
- It has a limit of how much damage it deals, which is 4.5 normal damage shots.
- It, Sap-fling, and Dusk Lobber are the only plants that have catapulting appendages but do not have the suffix "-pult."
- Its idle animation involves it winking and blowing a flying kiss to its front, presumably at the zombies (based on its Almanac entry).
- According to its sprites, there are unused fire sprites and pepper silhouettes (which may indicate that, aside from Sap-fling, Blooming Heart may also have been based on Pepper-pult).
- It can sometimes start with maximum damage when planted. It is unknown if this is a bug, as its damage is supposed to increase with each projectile.
- Its heart effect grows as it does more damage, with big hearts at its maximum damage.
- It, Perfume-shroom, and Sweet Potato are only the plants that make hearts in gameplay.
- It is the second plant to have a positive view on zombies. Hypno-shroom is the first (according to its entry in the Suburban Almanac).
- It is one of three premium lobbed-shot plants, the others being Sap-fling and Apple Mortar.