- For other uses, see Bloomerang (disambiguation).
|"Magnets? Gravity? Crikey, I don't have a clue why they come back."|
Bloomerang is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 4 to play, and has 3/3. It has the Strikethrough trait, and does not have any abilities.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Trait: Strikethrough
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
"Magnets? Gravity? Crikey, I don't have a clue why they come back."
- Set - Rarity change: Premium - Uncommon → Basic - Common
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
Bloomerang is a solid and reliable plant with good stats. Even if it is not boosted, it can survive a hit unlike Fume-Shroom, and it has the Strikethrough trait as well, allowing it to hit both the zombie and the zombie hero. Its stats make it invulnerable to Rolling Stone, Weed Spray and Rocket Science, making it very effective against Hearty and Brainy heroes. Since it is a flower plant, it can also be used in a flower-based deck with Power Flower and Briar Rose.
The only problem about Bloomerang is its cost. Since it costs 4 sun, it can only be played starting from the fourth turn. By then, your opponent may have something to take Bloomerang out. But even then, since you can make lots of sun early on, it is only a minor problem.
Bloomerang should be easy to destroy at the fourth turn as its stats aren't that much of a problem, but with Strikethrough, it can easily chip away at your health anyway. While you can just play some zombies to destroy it, you can also use tricks.
Unfortunately, like many other plants with 3 strength, Rolling Stone, Weed Spray and Rocket Science do not affect this plant, unless you use tricks to reduce its strength, such as Nibble. You can also wait for it to gain strength and destroy it with Rocket Science. Doing 3 damage with Electrobolt or even Zombot's Wrath is also an option. Shrink Ray can render this plant useless, though it may be better playing it on another plant. As The Smash, you can combine Nibble with Rolling Stone.
- In its description, Bloomerang speaks a language using stereotypical Australian terms, such as "Crikey," referring to the fact that boomerangs were invented in Australia.
- Its description also refers to boomerangs and their ability to return to the thrower once thrown.
- Its Strikethrough trait may be a reference to its ability in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Its stats might be an allusion to its attack in Plants vs. Zombies 2, where it can hit three zombies at once by striking through them.