|Sun cost||175, 150 (Chinese version only)|
|Special||Can hit up to 3 targets, with two hits each|
|Direct damage||1.5 normal damage shots|
|Unlocked||Beating Ancient Egypt - Day 3|
|Unlocked (China)||Collecting 10 stars in Ancient Egypt (or buy with 10 gems in a limited time)|
|As the first new member to your home defense team, Bloomerang enjoys long walkabouts with his friend, Koala Bear, and listening to his Bob Barley albums out back.|
Bloomerang is the second plant obtained in Ancient Egypt in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is also present in Plants vs. Zombies Online. Its boomerangs can hit up to three targets and hit them a second time on the boomerang's return. It is the first new plant that is introduced in the game.
Sun cost: 175
Bloomerangs can hit up to three targets in their lane, twice!
Special: can hit up to 3 targets, with two hits each
As the first new member to your home defense team, Bloomerang enjoys long walkabouts with his friend, Koala Bear, and listening to his Bob Barley albums out back.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
When Bloomerang is given Plant Food, it hurls ten boomerangs in a cross-shape pattern.
When costumed Bloomerang is given Plant Food, it hurls ten giant boomerangs in a cross-shape pattern. It also decreases its basic sun cost by 25.
Plants vs. Zombies Online
|1||200||Bloomerang deals 150% damage to Camel Zombies.|
Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars
Bloomerang hits all enemies on the screen. Needs Brave Plant Food to activate.
Bloomerang can be used to fight Zombie Chickens and Ice Weasels, as it can hit up to three targets at once and will have slightly less trouble than other projectile plants. Bloomerang is more effective when planted near front lines as it takes less time for the boomerang to comeback. Therefore, it should planted close to the zombies. Its boomerangs can bypass Shield Zombie's shield, so Bloomerang can prove to be, to some extent, effective in the Far Future. This same advantage allows it to counter both the Excavator Zombies and Parasol Zombies of the Lost City.
Unfortunately, it became obsolete very quickly due to Laser Bean, Fume-shroom, A.K.E.E. and Cactus, all of which, due to the ability to hit more than three targets, deal greater damage, and/or attack even more quickly, are better suited for the jobs Bloomerang excels at.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Bloomerang.
- It is the first new plant in the game, and its Almanac entry references this.
- Its boomerangs are actually its petals.
- Bloomerang fires very slow at first, but then at normal speed after firing the first boomerang.
- If the player looks closely, they will see that it has nine boomerangs. Surprisingly, it still has nine even after throwing one, using Plant Food, or catching a returning boomerang. It is unknown why this happens.
- When Bloomerang attacks tombstones in Ancient Egypt, the tombstones glow a red color.
- Its name is a portmanteau of "boomerang" and "bloom."
- Bloomerang is one of the six plants seen in the trailer of Plants vs. Zombies 2 while fighting the zombies, the other five are Bonk Choy, Pea Pod, Peashooter, Wall-nut, and Sunflower.
- If three zombies are near Bloomerang, the boomerang only goes to where the last zombie is and comes back.
- It quite resembles the Boomerang Monkey from the Bloons Tower Defense series. Both use boomerangs, both can only hit three targets at a time and both games are Tower Defense.
- However, the Boomerang Monkey can upgrade to hit more then three targets at a time, while Bloomerang cannot.
- In Bloomerang's Almanac entry, Bob Barley is a pun on Bob Marley, who was a Jamaican songwriter.
- Though the Plant Food upgrade of Bloomerang will throw ten boomerangs in four directions, all pictures of Bloomerang (including the animated picture in the Almanac) only show nine.
- There are many references to Australia.
- The projectile is based on the Boomerang, a weapon made in ancient Australia.
- Its friend is a Koala Bear, an animal who lives in Australia.
- The Almanac entry contains the phrase "out back." Outback is another term for the remote areas of Australia.
- Jester Zombie can deflect its boomerang, but instead of taking damage from the boomerang, Bloomerang will grab it, nullifying the damage.
- If a Bloomerang throws a boomerang, and the player digs it up, the boomerang with travel back off the screen and hit any zombies it passes. It cannot be deflected by Jester Zombies if this happens.
- In a previous version of the Chinese version, Bloomerang does not catch its boomerangs, allowing it to hit zombies behind it.
- In the Chinese version, Bloomerang is the second plant that can have a sun cost not being a multiple of 25. However, this works if you plant a second one on the lawn.
- The first legitimate plant whose sun cost isn't mulitple of 25 is Durian from Plants vs. Zombies Online.
- Flame Mushroom was going to be the second one, costing only 85. However, the sun cost has been changed.