|Sun cost||175, 150 (Chinese version only)|
|Special||Can hit up to 3 targets, with two hits each|
|Direct damage||1.5 normal damage shots|
|Unlocked||Beating Ancient Egypt - Day 3|
|Unlocked (China)||Collecting 10 stars in Ancient Egypt (or buy with 10 gems in a limited time)|
|As the first new member to your home defense team, Bloomerang enjoys long walkabouts with his friend, Koala Bear, and listening to his Bob Barley albums out back.|
Bloomerang is the second plant obtained in Ancient Egypt in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is also present in Plants vs. Zombies Online. Its boomerangs can hit up to three targets and hit them a second time on the boomerang's return. It is the first new plant that is introduced in the game.
Sun cost: 175
Bloomerangs can hit up to three targets in their lane, twice!
Special: can hit up to 3 targets, with two hits each
As the first new member to your home defense team, Bloomerang enjoys long walkabouts with his friend, Koala Bear, and listening to his Bob Barley albums out back.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
When Bloomerang is given Plant Food, it hurls ten boomerangs in a cross-shape pattern.
When costumed Bloomerang is given Plant Food, it hurls ten giant boomerangs in a cross-shape pattern. It also decreases its basic sun cost by 25.
Plants vs. Zombies Online
|1||200||Bloomerang deals 150% damage to Camel Zombies.|
Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars
Bloomerang hits all enemies on the screen. Needs Brave Plant Food to activate.
Bloomerang will be the first plant available to the player that can hit multiple targets. It is an effective tool to fight Camel Zombies and clean up multiple tombstones in early levels. Unfortunately, it becomes obsolete very quickly, as Laser Bean, Fume-shroom, A.K.E.E. and Cactus, all of which, due to the ability to hit more than three targets, deal greater damage and/or attack even more quickly, are better suited for the jobs Bloomerang is designed for.
Bloomerang can be used to fight Zombie Chickens and Ice Weasels, as it can hit up to three targets at once and will have slightly less trouble than other projectile plants. Bloomerang is more effective when planted near front lines as it takes less time for the boomerang to comeback. Its boomerangs can bypass Shield Zombie's shield, so Bloomerang can prove to be, to some extent, effective in the Far Future. This same advantage allows it to fight both the Excavator Zombies and Parasol Zombies of the Lost City, although not as effectively as other multiple target plants.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Bloomerang.
- If the player looks closely, they will see that it has nine boomerangs. It retains all nine even after throwing one, using Plant Food, or catching a returning boomerang.
- When Bloomerang attacks tombstones in Ancient Egypt, the tombstones glow a red color.
- Its name is a portmanteau of "boomerang" and "bloom."
- Bloomerang is one of the six plants seen in the trailer of Plants vs. Zombies 2 while fighting the zombies, the other five are Bonk Choy, Pea Pod, Peashooter, Wall-nut, and Sunflower.
- In Bloomerang's Almanac entry, Bob Barley is a pun on Bob Marley, who was a Jamaican songwriter.
- There are many references to Australia.
- The projectile is based on the Boomerang, a weapon made in ancient Australia.
- Its friend is a Koala Bear, an animal who lives in Australia.
- The Almanac entry contains the phrase "out back." Outback is another term for the remote areas of Australia.
- Jester Zombie can deflect its boomerang, but instead of taking damage from the boomerang, Bloomerang will grab it, nullifying the damage.
- If a Bloomerang throws a boomerang, and the player digs it up, the boomerang with travel back off the screen and hit any zombies it passes. It cannot be deflected by Jester Zombies if this happens.
- In a previous version of the Chinese version, Bloomerang did not catch its boomerangs, allowing it to hit zombies behind it.
- In the Chinese version, Bloomerang is the second plant that can have a sun cost not being a multiple of 25. However, this works if you plant a second one on the lawn.