|Special:||Can hit up to 3 targets, with two hits each|
|After beating Ancient Egypt - Day 3|
|Collecting 10 stars in Ancient Egypt|
|As the first new member to your home defense team, Bloomerang enjoys long walkabouts with his friend, Koala Bear, and listening to his Bob Barley albums out back.|
Bloomerang is a plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time and Plants vs. Zombies Online. The Bloomerang’s boomerangs can hit up to three targets and hit them a second time on the boomerangs return. It is the first new plant that is introduced in Ancient Egypt and it is the sixth plant the player will get. It is an upcoming plant in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
Sun cost: 175
Bloomerangs can hit up to three targets in their lane, twice!
Special: can hit up to 3 targets, with two hits each
As the first new member to your home defense team, Bloomerang enjoys long walkabouts with his friend, Koala Bear, and listening to his Bob Barley albums out back.
Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time
When Bloomerang is given Plant Food, it hurls ten boomerangs in a cross-shape pattern.
|This section is about something that is China exclusive.|
When costumed Bloomerang is given Plant Food, it hurls ten giant boomerangs in a cross-shape pattern.
- Binding: The cost of planting a Bloomerang decreases by 5 sun for every existing Bloomerang.
- Combat Training: Bloomerang has 50% more attack power and health (150% of initial).
Level 3 Upgrade
- Stronger Binding: The cost of planting a Bloomerang decreases by 10 sun for every existing Bloomerang.
- Cell Activation: Bloomerang has another 50% more attack power and health (200% of initial).
Plants vs. Zombies Online
|1||200||Bloomerang deals 150% damage to Camel Zombies.|
Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars
Bloomerang hits all enemies on the screen. Needs Brave Plant Food to activate.
The Bloomerang is an easy-to-use and a versatile plant, as it can reliably take care of multiple zombies at once. In regular levels, two columns along with a column of Bonk Choys or Snapdragons, and a column of Wall-nuts or Tall-nuts can take care of the zombies almost perfectly. However, one has to be careful that it can only take care of three zombies at once and is not a substitute for a Fume-shroom. Therefore, it is not a reliable weapon against overly massive amounts of zombies. Its attacking power is also quite low despite hitting twice, as its firing speed is half that of a Peashooter's, and cannot kill a Conehead Zombie by itself, and its plant food upgrade has less power than that of a Peashooter, and thus adequate support is needed.
It can be a good strategy to use the Bloomerang when there are many tombstones in Ancient Egypt's levels (especially Pyramid of Doom) so that the three first graves gets two hits at each boomerang thrown.
- It is the first new plant in the game.
- The boomerangs that the Bloomerang throws are actually its petals.
- Bloomerang fires very slow at first, then fires at normal speed after firing the first boomerang.
- When this plant attacks tombstones of Ancient Egypt, the tombstones glow red color.
- Its name is a portmanteau of "boomerang" and "bloom".
- This is one of the six plants seen in the trailer of Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time while fighting the zombies, the other five are Bonk Choy, Pea Pod, Peashooter, Wall-nut and Sunflower.
- If all the zombies are near the Bloomerang, the boomerang only goes to where the last zombie is and comes back.
- In Vasebreaker, if the Bloomerang is attacking a zombie, the boomerang will go to where the last vase is even though the vase cannot be broken by it.
- In Bloomerang's Almanac entry, Bob Barley is a pun on Bob Marley, a Jamaican songwriter.
- Though the Plant Food upgrade of the Bloomerang will throw ten boomerangs in four directions, all pictures of the Bloomerang (including the animated picture in the Almanac) only show nine.
- There are many references to Australia.
- The projectile is based on the Boomerang, a weapon made in ancient Australia.
- Its friend is a Koala Bear, an animal who lives in Australia.
- The Almanac entry contains the phrase "out back". Outback is another term for the remote areas of Australia.
- Jester Zombie can deflect its boomerang, but despite being attacked by it, the Bloomerang will grab it instead, nullifying the damage.
- If a Bloomerang throws a boomerang, and the player digs it up, the boomerang with travel back off the screen and hit any zombies it passes. It cannot be deflected by Jester Zombies if this happens.
- In the latest update in the Chinese version, Bloomerang does not catch its boomerangs.