Blitzer (Berserker in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare) is a zombie in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He has a similar appearance to the All-Star, except his helmet, shirt, gloves and shoes are black, has spikes on his shoulder plates and has horns on his helmet. He appears in Garden Ops, serving as very tough support in boss waves or special waves. He rarely appears in normal waves, but they will appear on higher difficulties.
Unlike the All-Star, the Blitzer does not wield any weapon. His main attack is using Sprint Tackle, an All-Star ability. However, he can use Sprint Tackle infinite times and knock you away making it hard to face multiple Blitzer. He has much more health than the All-Star, requiring more focused firepower to be taken out.
The Blitzer has less than or equal to 550 health.
If you see a Blitzer facing towards you, you better escape fast, as each tackle deals a whopping 75 damage to you, has no cooldown and propels you into the air. As mentioned earlier, his tackle does not have the cooldown of a playable All-Star, so it is possible to get shoved in a corner and killed by one or two Blitzer. As Peashooter, you can use Hyper or Super Pea Jump to escape him. As a Chomper, use Burrow or Sprint Burrow to escape. Additionally, you can chomp him, but beware that you need to be fast, as he can still tackle you out of the Burrowing mode. As a Cactus, you can place Tallnut Battlements to block him. It is also good to use the Garlic Drone from a safe distance from this zombie.
- He has his own special wave called Tackle Dummies.
- He also appears in a Super Gargantuar Wave.
- He has the ability to jump very high, making them able to get to high places.
- He appears in reinforced hordes.
- This character may be a reference to the Berserker from the Gears of War series.
- When the player looks at his back, they can see his name "Berserker" on it. This also applies to All-Star. This was not changed in Garden Warfare 2, even though his name was changed in said game.
- They are counted as All-Stars because when someone has a challenge for defeating All-Stars, defeating Blitzers count towards that challenge.
- In Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, the Beserker returns under a new name of "Blitzer". The players can see when they are vanquished by him in Flag of Power.