- For the Chinese version of the level, see Big Wave Beach - Day 29 (Chinese version).
Big Wave Beach - Day 29 is the twenty-ninth level of Big Wave Beach in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Last Stand level. The player starts with 2500 sun. The tideline is located behind the first column, which means that the tide will rise, and water will cover the entire lawn at one point during this level. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
- Although 2500 sun may seem enough and a lot, the high zombie density makes this level very hard to pass.
- Fisherman Zombies are a threat because they can hook plants, and if the plant is hooked on a tile without a Lily Pad, the plant will fall in the water and drown. It is beneficial for the player to have at least 1-2 columns of extra Lily Pads, or an Infi-Nut with it's Plant Food effect (As the Hook can't get past the force field).
- The Low Tide ambush near the end of the level can cause some trouble.
- A Deep Sea Gargantuar appears in the final wave, and by then, there is a high chance that the player's defenses are mostly wrecked or completely demolished.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
- Created by Voiceimitator
- A strategy that is kind of obvious and cheating, but very fun.
- Required plants (instant usage and flat plants that the Fisherman Zombie cannot hook):
- And that should be almost enough to get you through the level! Suggestions for remaining slots are:
- for is definitely handy
- , ,
- Maybe , so you can use it with Plant Food for laughs, though it will get hooked by the Fisherman Zombie.
- When laying out defenses, fill the screen with Potato Mine on Lily Pad up till the fourth or fifth column. Fill the rest of the screen entirely with Tangle Kelp. Any Tangle Kelp planted in columns one to five is often wasted when the low tide comes in. Now tap on Let's rock.
- Keep replanting Tangle Kelp and occasionally Potato Mine as the zombies come in. An Imitater is useful. Avoid replanting in the ninth column, except in the early stages, because the Fisherman Zombie will automatically destroy any kelp planted here when it pops up. Be cautious about planting in the eight column: the Fisherman Zombie can flip any Tangle Kelp in front of it out of the screen.
- Use a quick plant of Lily Pad and Cherry Bomb (or Jalapeno or Ghost Pepper) to deal with any Octo Zombie. You will have plenty of sun left over to do this.
- After low tide, dig up any unused Lily Pads to generate extra sun.
- There is no need to kill Fisherman Zombie if you are just using instants and flat plants. Fisherman Zombies will die automatically at end of game if all other zombies are killed.
- Created by ThePvzDude
Start by planting two Lily Pads, one for Spring Beans and one for Blovers. Press start when you planted both Lily Pads. When the wave starts, immediately place down a Spring Bean and, timing it well, place a Blover. Repeat this strategy until you have either lost the level, run out of sun or beat the level.
- Created by Master3530
Plant five columns of Lily Pads to deal with Fisherman Zombies. Place Bowling Bulbs at first column and three center rows of second column. Plant two Wall-nuts on other tiles of this column. More three Wall-nuts go at the center rows of third column. Then start a level. Use plant food on Bowling Bulbs if needed. Plant Tangle Kelps and Ghost Peppers as well. Have Cherry Bomb just in case. With this strategy you should not have any problems.
- Created by Thediamondtree
Plant Lily Pads for the tiles with no Lily Pads then plant a column of Coconut Cannons, after this, plant a column of Infi-nuts And start the wave. First use Plant Food on an Infi-nut to keep the plants protected then you should use the Coconut Cannons to defeat the zombies, if the strategy backfires, lawn mowers should easily take them out.
- Created by RaidingParty
- Required plants:
In the first column, plant A.K.E.E., Winter Melon, A.K.E.E., Winter Melon, A.K.E.E. in that order. Plant five Rotobagas in the second column. In the third column, center lane, plant either one Rotobaga or a Lily Pad with Infi-nut if you are using Plant Food. You can also try removing the center-lane A.K.E.E. for another Rotobaga, which makes the formation stronger against Octo Zombies and crowds but weaker against any center-lane Surfers. Dig up Lily Pads that are not needed.
Kill the first Octo Zombie with Tangle Kelp (especially if it is in the same lane as a Winter Melon), otherwise, save Tangle Kelp for killing off Fisherman Zombies. They will succeed in dragging the Rotobagas some distance, but thanks to the Winter Melons, not far enough. A.K.E.E.s will often kill Fishermen on their own with a little help from Winter Melons and Rotobagas. The other zombies will not be able to get through.
At the Low Tide ambush, dig up any Rotobagas that are inside the spawned crowds, using their sun to plant a Cherry Bomb to blow up all Octo Zombies present along with a good amount of zombies. Winter Melons and remaining plants will take down the rest while Kelp is used to kill off any Fisherman still alive and dragging plants too close to the enemies. When the Gargantuar appears, clear out any remaining zombies first, then dig up whichever A.K.E.E. or Winter Melon in its lane to replace it with a Potato Mine to use in a Potato Mine-Cherry Bomb combo (let it touch the mine, then Cherry Bomb it). Occasionally you need just one Cherry Bomb to kill the Gargantuar, if a Winter Melon and a few Rotobagas are attacking it directly.
If you use Plant Food with this strategy, just replace Potato Mine with Infi-nut and add it to the third column to neutralize all the Fishermen, making this level easy.
- Created by JustinChen23
Plant Lily Pads and let them fill the whole lawn, then dig them up until you have enough sun to go on. Plant three Banana Launchers in the middle of column one. Fill the rest of column one and two with Winter Melon and the third column with Infi-nut. Fill the rest with Tangle Kelp and start.
Put a Plant Food on Infi-nut immediately so it blocks Fisherman Zombies' attack. Use Banana Launchers to kill off the Octo Zombies and Surfer Zombie. In the last wave, fire all three Banana Launchers on the Deep Sea Gargantuar. If threatened by the low tide, place a Plant Food on Banana Launchers and easily pass the level.
- Created by PuffyMuffins
The 4.0 Update has rendered this strategy obsolete.
This strategy uses an exploit, in which when you plant a boosted Lily Pad and dig up the five that are there, it will give you sun for each one. Because of it being a Last Stand level, with a lot of patience you can get ludicrous setups.
In this one, you want to use the trick to obtain enough sun to plant two columns of Winter Melons in the back, and then three columns of Banana Launchers. It is optional to have a defensive plant, but just makes it twice as good. Then proceed with planting a Stallia on the other rows, and make sure you have 500+ sun if any danger occurs so you can plant Cherry Bombs to clear up any mess.
- Created by samson92
This strategy does not require any premium plant, losing lawn mower, boosted plant or extra slot.
The first column will be placed with five Melon-pult and a Lily Pad. The second column, the first and fifth row are provided with Lily Pad, put an Infi-nut and a Banana Launcher, either position is fine for both plants because you need to take all cost to protect that two rows.
Start the wave, immediately give Infi-Nut Plant Food. The only focus is Octo Zombie and Surfer Zombie. Kill Octo Zombie as soon as he enter the screen. If he was able to toss his Octopus, the game will be hard so make sure he does not toss it. For Surfer Zombie, focus only the first row and fifth row which avoid him killing your Infi-Nut and Banana Launcher. Kill it with Tangle Kelp before he reaches too close to your plant (using Banana Launcher is fine, it just a little harder with the delay launch and the Surfer's incoming speed). Cherry Bomb is used when incoming low tide wave, prioritize killing Octo Zombie. For the last wave, Deep Sea Gargantuar will not much a problem with a Banana Launcher standing by and three Plant Food unused (for my case, only two Plant Food is used in this Day 29).
- Day 29 is the fifth of six levels where the tide goes all the way to the player's house. The others are Big Wave Beach - Days 7, 13, 18, 27, and 31.
- *: Removed