- For the Chinese version of the level, see Big Wave Beach - Day 25 (Chinese version).
Big Wave Beach - Day 25 is the twenty-fifth level of Big Wave Beach in Plants vs. Zombies 2. In this level, the player is given two objectives: "spend no more than 3000 sun" and "defeat 10 zombies within 5 seconds". The tideline is located between the third and fourth column. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets a Mystery Gift Box.
- With the only amount of sun to be spent must be less than or equal to 3000, with three flags, and with the combination of all hard zombies present in the level, it is very hard to complete as the zombies will destroy the defense very soon. Adding up the Fisherman Zombie, Octo Zombie, Surfer Zombie, and Deep Sea Gargantuar, the level is extremely hard to beat.
- Surprise attacks also contribute to the difficulty of the level as it can send many strong zombies such as Deep Sea Gargantuar and Octo Zombie halfway into the lawn, further limiting planting options.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||None||100% Plant Food|
|4||None||Water reaches 4th column|
|6||1 1 4 3||None||First flag; 100% Plant Food|
|7||5 2||None||Water reaches 3rd column|
|8||Water reaches 8th column; Low Tide!|
|9||2 5 3 1 5 3||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|10||4||None||Water reaches 6th column|
|11||2 1 3 4 5||None||Water reaches 3rd column|
|12||4 2 4||None||Second flag; 600%/7 Plant Food|
|13||2 5 1||None|
|14||1 1 2 4 1 5||None|
|15||2 3||Water reaches 8th column; Low Tide!; 100% Plant Food|
|16||5 4 1||None|
|17||1 4 2 5 3 2||None||400%/7 Plant Food|
|18||1 4 4||None||Final flag|
- Created by AWPXML
- Required plants:
- Note: You will need the Mower Launch upgrade from Far Future - Day 20.
- Plant a full column of Sun-shrooms in the first column. Use Puff-shrooms and Snapdragons to kill the first few zombies.
- When the first Fisherman Zombie appears, stall it with Puff-shrooms. Once you get the Plant Food, plant an Infi-nut on the fourth column, third lane and feed it Plant Food.
- In the first flag, an Octo Zombie will appear. Do not worry about it, since the Snapdragons can easily destroy the octopus it throws. If the Surfer Zombie is in the third lane, use Guacodiles to kill it before it reaches your Infi-nut.
- Shortly after the first flag, a low tide will occur. Hover a Cherry Bomb over the fifth column, third lane and be ready to plant it as soon as the low tide occurs. This prevents the Surfer Zombies from destroying your Infi-nut if it spawns in the third lane.
- If at any time the Infi-nut's shield looks weak, use Plant Food on the Infi-nut to restore the shield's health.
- In the second low tide, launch the lawn mower in the lane with the Deep Sea Gargantuar. Right when the lawn mower is halfway through the lawn, plant a Cherry Bomb where a lot of zombies are grouped together to successfully complete the second objective.
- In the final wave, use Cherry Bombs and Plant Food on your Snapdragons and to easily kill the two Gargantuars and other zombies.
- Created by RaidingParty
This strategy can complete the level without using Plant Food, paid content such as extra slots, or losing lawn mowers. It does require the use of the Homing Thistle, as well as very skillful reflexes and ability to track the enemies.
- Required plants:
- Note: Lily Pads are NOT used.
The goal is to get seven to eight Homing Thistles up asap, without letting Fishermen or Octos wipe them out. Plant five Sun-shrooms in the third column. Most of them will be drowned, crushed by surfboards, or bound by octopuses by the halfway point, but they will have produced most of the sun you need and will serve as a buffer. Delay the first four zombies with Iceberg Lettuce and Puff-shrooms until most or all the Sun-shrooms have all grown a level, then begin planting the first four Homing Thistles in the first column. Plant Puff-shrooms wherever there is space, including even in wet sand. Use Puff-shrooms as well to destroy surfboards that have landed on dry land or free any plant that has been hit with octopi.
Kill Fishermen and Octos on sight with Tangle Kelp, prioritizing the Fishermen first. If you are waiting on Kelp recharge to get rid of multiple Fishermen, use Puff-shrooms and a Sun-shroom to distract them both, and when possible kill the one dragging a Sun-shroom first. Octos that are left wandering around can be frozen with Iceberg Lettuce if on land and then surrounded with Puff-shrooms, and can also distracted by planting Puff-shrooms and if need be a Sun-shroom. You can dig up mushrooms before they are octopied to waste the Octo's attack, but even if an octopus connects you can often still free the plant using a Puff-shroom.
At the first Low Tide ambush, use a Cherry Bomb to complete Objective 2; look for the thickest group possible. If you miss, you can still get the objective at the second Low Tide, though it will be riskier to do so. After bombing, throw Puff-shrooms, Sun-shrooms, and Iceberg Lettuce wherever they are needed to distract Surfers and Octos. By now the Homing Thistles should be able to handle the common zombies, but make sure to keep planting enough to reach seven or eight total.
In the lead-up to the second Low Tide ambush, watch out for multiple Fishermen and make sure to prioritize ones that are dragging Sun-shrooms or are located where you have limited room to plant. At the second Low Tide, Cherry Bomb the Gargantuar so that you kill the Octos and other zombies around it, then freeze it with Iceberg Lettuce. Kill any Fisherman still alive in its lane (distract it first if need be), then plant a Chard Guard as far away as possible. Turn your attention to any surviving Octos/Fishermen and deal with them. If by mistake you allow Octos to hit too many Homing Thistles with octopi, fight on until you have enough sun and recharge to free them with another Cherry Bomb. If enough Homing Thistles are still active, they will kill the common zombies and eventually the Gargantuar.
The final two Gargantuars can be defeated easily with even a single Chard guard, as long as enough Homing Thistles are still active; use one to knock one back and spam Iceberg Lettuce or Puff-shrooms to delay the other (make sure to kill any Fishermen in their lanes first).
- Created by Pranavuk
Taking Sun-shrooms would ensure that you are using less sun. Puff-shroom is a sure pick for this level because of its fast recharge and free cost. The others are the usual beach plants, including Lily Pad, Guacodile and Tangle Kelp. The life saver here is the very popular Spring Bean-Blover combo.
To keep it simple, just use Plant Food on Spring Bean and plant Blover immediately whenever the going gets tough. There are ample Plant Foods available in this level, so that would not be a problem. However it will much easier if you already have boosted Spring Bean.
The only problems are Octo Zombie and Fisherman Zombie, whom you take down with Tangle Kelp and/or Guacodile. In the final wave, after you blow away all the Gargantuars and other zombies with the Spring Bean-Blover combo, the remaining Fishermen will be killed instantly as they are just support providing zombies and they do not target your house.
- Created by A plant
- Required plants:
You first plant Sun-shrooms in the first row. Dig up the three Lily Pads Then when the Snorkel Zombie gets close, plant a Red Stinger in the second row. After that, three zombies will come. Plant a Snapdragon in the second column third row. Use a Red Stinger to kill the bottom row zombie. Plant a Tangle Kelp to kill the Fisherman Zombie. Plant a Snapdragon in the fourth column third row, and plant a Red Stinger in the third column second row to kill the Buckethead. Once you get the Plant Food, immediately plant an Infi-nut and use Plant Food on it.
Start planting more Red Stingers in the second row. Also plant Snapdragons in the third row. After that, you should be set. If the Infi-nut's shield is at its last degrade, or when it is finished. Plant Cherry Bombs when things go rough, and be sure to save at least 600 sun.
A Deep Sea Gargantuar appears at the end of this wave. Surfer Zombies should not be a threat, as they cannot hit the plants. When the Deep Sea Gargantuar comes, use a Cherry Bomb and after that, immediately use Plant Food on the Cherry Bomb's seed packet and use it on the Deep See Gargantuar again, killing the Gargantuar, and if more quickly, the Imp Mermaid.
This should be your final wave. Use Cherry Bombs on the Gargantuar's row which doesn't have a lawn mower. If both rows have, then just simply leave have no defense, or you can kill one if you have two Plant Foods by using by using Plant Food on a Red Stinger, use a Cherry Bomb on the top row, use Plant Food on the Cherry Bomb seed packet and use the Cherry Bomb. If you have a left over Plant Food, use it on a Red Stinger to kill the final Gargantuar.
This should be the layout you should have.
- Created by VeXJL
- Octo Zombie is very dangerous as its octopi bypasses Infi-nut's barrier. Kill it immediately with Ghost Pepper as Citron's shots will only hit the octopus. Phat Beets in other rows can free Citrons bound by octopi.
- Deep Sea Gargantuar is not very dangerous. When this appears, use the Spring Bean + Blover combo (details down below) to kill it.
- Surfer Zombie is not that dangerous as Citrons can kill it easily when it is in water.
- Place Gold Bloom. This plant is perfect for this level as it costs 0 sun while giving sun.
- Place Citron down on the first column. This will kill the incoming zombies and alone Fisherman Zombies.
- When you get Plant Food, place Infi-nut down in the middle row and use Plant Food on it. This will block Fisherman Zombies.
- When the first Octo Zombie arrives, place Phat Beet down in the second column on its row and the row(s) next door, depending on where it comes from. Place Ghost Pepper to kill it.
- When the first Low Tide comes, place Spring Bean down on the third column and use Plant Food on it. While Spring Bean is in the air, use Blover. Blover will kill the zombies affected by Spring Bean.
- Continue steps 1 to 5 until the final wave.
- When the final wave arrives, make sure that every zombie is on the lawn. Repeat the Spring Bean + Blover combo in step 5. This will again, kill all zombies on the lawn.
Strategy 6 - Air Strike
- Created by SCAF 2.0
- Required Plants:
- Plant a full column of Sun-shrooms in the first column. If you have Gold Bloom, Use it to take lots of sun. Plant Snapdragons on the second column to kill the first few zombies.
- Plant Infi-nut on the third lane and third column. if you have enough sun, shovel up one of the Sun-shroom in the first, third, fifth lane and plant a Banana Launcher.
- When a Snorkel Zombie with Plant Food appears, shoot it with Banana Launcher to get Plant Food. If you do this, a Fisherman Zombie will appear right away. Give a Plant Food on Infi-nut as fast as you can, or the zombie will pull one of your plant, making this strategy useless.
- Plant a full column of Snapdragons on the second column. Shovel up Sun-shrooms in the second, fourth lane and plant two Magnet-shrooms. Be aware of the first flag.
- In the first flag, the Octo Zombies will appear. Shoot them with Banana Launcher before they bind your Snapdragons.
- Plant one more Banana Launcher in the first column. Be ready to deal with the Low Tide.
- When the "Low Tide!" occurs, A Surfer Zombie appears in the third column. Plant a Sun-shroom in front of it quickly before he crush your Infi-nut.
- Use Plant Food on the Infi-nut when the force shield weaken. Aim Surfer Zombies in the third column and Octo Zombies first with your Banana Launchers.
- When third flag begins, you need three Banana Launchers in the first column. Get ready to stop a Deep Sea Gargantuar.
- The "Low Tide!" occurs, and the Gargantuar suddenly appears above the water. Plant Blover and a Spring Bean at his feet quickly to blow it up.
- Finally the last flag begins, and two Gargantuars income. Plant a Spring Bean, use a Plant Food on it, and plant a blover to blow up all the zombies on your lawn. If you don't have any Plant Foods, just watch the zombies rushing at your home. Your lawn mowers will cut all the zombies down.
- Note: You need six Sun-shrooms, five Snapdragons, three Banana Launchers, two Magnet-shrooms, two Spring Beans, two Blovers, and one Infi-nut. Assuming your Banana launcher's cost 500 sun, the total cost is 2875 sun, so you can pass the mission.
- "Zero it Out" created by Toadstool33
- Plant Selection:
Notes: Plant Food is adequate in most cases during this level. The Power Lily is only for ambushes where it is not provided, or where the player is not ready. Lily Pads, in this case, are a waste of sun and should only be duplicated via the boost when necessary.
- When the level starts, plant Puff-shrooms everywhere. Replenish them when they disappear. Repeat this step throughout the level.
- Plant a Gold Bloom once recharged. Repeat this step throughout the level.
- Gather the first Plant Food by using a few Puff-shrooms and a Ghost Pepper if necessary.
- To deal with the Octo Zombie, simply dig up the plants they attempt to bind. Haunt them with Ghost Peppers. Repeat this step throughout the level.
- Although the sun limit may seem very high, plant a Spring Bean on a non-water tile. This is so you can reuse it in the event of a rare sun shortage.
- You can distribute a Stallia to slow down the wave.
- Place plant food on the Spring Bean. While the effect is still in action, plant a Blover. It should clear the whole screen from zombies.
Low Tide I!:
- Repeat the Spring Bean - Blover combo step to clear most zombies (except Fishermen) off the beach. Use Ghost Peppers on them.
- Use a Stallia or Iceberg Lettuce's boost to slow down zombies. Haunt them with the Ghost Pepper.
Low Tide II!:
- Repeat the Spring Bean - Blover combo to clear away the zombies. Gargantuars are no exception.
- Use Ghost Peppers on the Fishermen and Octo Zombies.
- Blow away the Gargantuar with the Spring Bean - Blover combo. Haunt the Fisherman with a Ghost Pepper. If you have any zombies left, use the combo again.
**Using this strategy, you will spend a maximum of 850 sun.**
- *: Removed