- For the Chinese version of the level, see Big Wave Beach - Day 17 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Big Wave Beach - Day 17 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Big Wave Beach - Day 17 is the seventeenth level of Big Wave Beach in Plants vs. Zombies 2. The Octo Zombie is introduced in this level. The tideline is located between the second and fourth column. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets a Mystery Gift Box.
- The Octo Zombie is actually similar to the Wizard Zombie, but his octopi are not defeated when he is defeated. A Ghost Pepper or Cherry Bomb should be used to defeat them.
- There are only three Octo Zombies, so this level should not be too hard.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||None||100% Plant Food|
|4||None||Water reaches 6th column|
|5||2 4 3||None||Water reaches 5th column|
|6||2 4 3||None||Water reaches 4th column|
|7||2 4 1 5 3||None||600%/7 Plant Food; first flag|
|8||2 3 5||None||Water reaches 5th column|
|9||None||Water reaches 6th column|
|10||3 2 4 3||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|11||2 4||None||Water reaches 5th column|
|12||2 4 1 5 3||None||Water reaches 4th column|
|13||None||400%/7 Plant Food; water reaches 3rd column|
|14||3 1 5 2 4||None||Final flag; water reaches 2nd column|
- Created by Uselessguy.
- Required plants:
- Plant two columns of Twin Sunflowers, or one. Use Tangle Kelps to kill the first zombies. Iceberg Lettuce can be used to delay time.
- Quickly plant at least three columns of Snapdragons, one column of Infi-nuts and Lily Pads if needed.
- When seeing an Octo Zombie, quickly plant a Ghost Pepper or Tangle Kelp if it is alone.
- Feed Plant Food on Infi-nut to create a shield to protect the plants from ambush zombies.
- If Octo Zombies come in the final wave, it is better to use Ghost Pepper's Plant Food upgrade to kill them quickly.
- Snapdragons will greatly help you destroy the octopi.
The Sound-o-buga Anti-Lily Pad Strategy
- Required plants:
- Use the first column for your Sun-shrooms (leave one tile open in case of Octo Zombies). The second column should be occupied by Phat Beets. The water tiles should only be used by Rotobagas.
- Only use the emergency plants if 1.The whole lawn is filled with octopi. 2. The zombies are too close to the House.
- If you do this correctly, the day will be easy to beat.
- This is the only level in Big Wave Beach Part 2 without Surfer Zombies.
- *: Removed