Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
—Dr. Edgar Zomboss
- For the Chinese version of the level, see Big Wave Beach - Day 16 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Big Wave Beach - Day 16 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Big Wave Beach - Day 16 is the sixteenth level of Big Wave Beach in Plants vs. Zombies 2. The player has to survive without any lawn mowers. The tideline is located between the second and third column. When this level is finished for the first time, the player earns a Mystery Gift Box.
The level is composed of a well-organized and a well-patterned zombie attack. The spawning points for zombies are the only thing that differs but their strategies remain untouched. Ambushes are fitted with conditions and will be triggered if met, which can lead to an immediate defeat if the player's set-up is not good. This level only gives the player about 3 Plant Food.
With only Bowling Bulbs and Chompers given, their small chances of spawning via conveyor-belt due to the low production on the conveyor-belt, and the lack of Plant Food the zombies give, the probability of winning is very small. By the time of final wave, the player is more likely to be in a tough situation since at most conditions, the Plant Foods are insufficient at most of the times.
Surfer Zombies and Snorkel Zombies are very hard to defeat, since the Surfer Zombie has enough speed and health to push tough defenses with ease providing an easy way for its allies to pass through without any risks of being killed by plants (unless the player has a last resort option). On the other hand, Snorkel Zombies are immune to straight-shooting plants' attacks, while the main offensive plant here, Bowling Bulb, is one of them, so these zombies can destroy your defenses quite quickly.
Overall this is a very challenging level with a hard combination of zombies, and the plants you are given, even if the Dynamic Difficulty is T, in which this level can be almost impossible.
All of the plants given in this level have a specific role. Bowling Bulb is given to attack basic enemies, like Regular Zombies and Conehead Zombies. The player should take out these zombies with no trouble. Chomper, which is a premium plant, is given to deal with the Surfer Zombies and the Snorkel Zombies. Be careful though, as when Chomper is still digesting, Surfer Zombies can crush it and Snorkel Zombies can easily overwhelm it. Tangle Kelp's main purpose is to drag down the tougher enemies like Buckethead Zombies. They are also handy against Surfer Zombies, as before Surfer Zombies even have a chance to crush a plant with its surfboard, it gets pulled down underwater by Tangle Kelp. Wall-nut is only slightly useful in this level, as with the high zombie density, Wall-nut will get overwhelmed quickly in this level. Even Deep Sea Gargantuars come, and they can take out Wall-nut by crushing it with its driftwood. However, Wall-nut is needed to provide defense to the earlier waves of zombies, that is, before enough Bowling Bulbs and Chompers have spawned from the conveyor belt. Lily Pad is useful for planting in the water, as lots of zombies will come and the player will need to plant in the water.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|2||None||57% chance to carry Plant Food|
|4||2 4||None||100% chance to carry Plant Food|
|5||None||Water reaches 3rd column|
|7||3||Water reaches 5th column, Low Tide!|
|8||None||86% chance to carry Plant Food, Water reaches 4th column|
|9||2 4 1 3 5 1 2 3 4 5||None||First flag|
|10||1 3 5 2 3 4||None||100% chance to carry Plant Food|
|13||1 3 5||None||71% chance to carry Plant Food|
|14||Water reaches 5th column, Low Tide!|
|15||None||Water reaches 4th column|
|16||2 2 2 4 4 4 1 3 5||None||Water reaches 3rd column|
|17||2 4 1 3 5 2 4||None||100% chance to carry Plant Food|
|18||2 5 2 5||None||Final flag|
- Always save Plant Food for Bowling Bulbs against Deep Sea Gargantuars and Surfer Zombies. No need to use one for splash damage against Snorkel Zombies. Otherwise, you will risk having the zombies entering your house or spending money on Plant Food.
- Use Tangle Kelp for the Surfer Zombies before they reach land and also Deep Sea Gargantuars. No need to use one for Buckethead Zombies or Snorkel Zombies. Otherwise, you will risk having your Bowling Bulbs eaten.
- Once the Gargantuar is close to your Wall-nut, immediately use Plant Food on your Chomper to gobble up some consumable zombies before the Gargantuar causes mayhem on your defenses. You will also notice that the Gargantuar is pushed back to the right edge of the screen. However, only do this to the first Gargantuar.
- When the final wave and ambush occurs, immediately give Plant Food to your Bowling Bulbs to deal powerful damage at almost all the zombies. Act quickly without making a mistake or your defense will be destroyed.
- Because there are no Lawn Mowers, Power-Ups are your last resort. Use them immediately if the zombies are glowing red before they cause the end of the game.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Big Wave Beach - Day 16.
- The player will get Big Kahunka achievement when completing this level, if he/she is connected to Google Play or Game Center.
- It is the first Gargantuar battle featuring Wall-nut as the defensive plant since Dark Ages.