- For the international version of the level, see Big Wave Beach - Day 12 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Big Wave Beach - Day 12 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Big Wave Beach - Day 12 is the twelfth level of Big Wave Beach in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Last Stand level. The player starts with 1750 sun and three Plant Food. The tideline in this level is located between the third and fourth column. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets a Mystery Gift Box.
- This level has a high difficulty, not only due to Surfer Zombies, but Imp Mermaid Zombies as well, as their "Low Tide" ambush can wreck the player's defenses from the inside.
- It is best to keep offensive plants in the leftmost column, and cheaper defensive plants in the next column over to deal with Surfer Zombies and low tides simultaneously.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
- Required plants:
- Surfer Zombies pose the greatest threat, as they not only kill plants, but transform the tiles they were planted on into virtual tombstones. It is best to kill these zombies before they can place their surfboards, as soon after the low tide ambush is to be expected.
- Created by RaidingParty
The second version of this strategy can complete this level without Plant Food, premiums or boosts, or losing lawn mowers. The first version requires Plant Food but is easy to use.
- Use Lightning Reed, Kernel-pult, and Magnet-shroom. Plant two columns of Lightning Reeds, and on the third column, three Magnet-shrooms and two Lightning Reeds. Together they will fry all of the incoming Surfers, Bucketheads, and others (some will get very close but still not survive). However the last Low Tide ambush appears too close to the group to stop in time, so when it occurs, plant a single Kernel-pult anywhere and use Plant Food on it to butter all the zombies. The final wave of Pompadour/Bikini Bucketheads can be defeated by using Plant Food on a Magnet-shroom.
- The above strategy requires skilled use of Cherry Bombs and digging up plants, but can complete the level without plant food or losing lawn mowers. Right before the Low Tide ambush, dig up all of the Magnet-shrooms and use the resulting sun to take down over half the Low Tide force when they appear with a Cherry Bomb; try to wait until Pompadour/Bikini Bucketheads and Surfer Zombies get close. The Lightning Reeds will mop up the rest up to the last wave of Pompadour/Bikini Bucketheads. After finishing off the last few Surfer Zombies, dig up more Lightning Reeds and use a Cherry Bomb to again blow up over half of the final wave, then lock up the zombies in the other two rows with Wall-nuts and another Cherry Bomb.
- Created by STALKi pro 21
- Required plants:
Attention: if you do not have Shovel Perk upgrade, you cannot complete level with this strategy.
When the level starts, feed the Infi-nut Plant Food and wait when Surfer Zombies come. When this happens, use Plant Food on Winter Melon. After that, on the final wave, you need to kill all zombies on the three middle rows (you can use Plant Food on one of the Bowling Bulbs). When all zombies on one of these rows get defeated, shovel off all plants on that row and plant Cherry Bomb to kill the rest.
- Created by Samson92
- Required plants:
Using this formation would need to use all Plant Food given although it is guaranteed no need shoveling tactic, no premium plant required and no lawn mower lost.
1. Bb | Fs |
2. Ms | Fs |
3. Bb(tt) | Fs | In(tt) |
4. Ms | Fs |
5. Bb | Fs |
All sun would be used up in this defense and you might as well remove those poor extra Lily Pads because they have no use or whatsoever and will be just getting eaten up. As soon as you start the game, feed Infi-nut with Plant Food and don't worry about Bowling Bulb's Food Plant to be wasted, consider it as a bonus.
The focus is the third lane which Surfer Zombie is the threats to the Infi-nut. Use Bowling Bulb's Plant Food to K.O any incoming Surfer Zombie while at the same time strengthen the Infi-nut's Plant Food's shield. Other than that, take notice of the Infi-nut's shield as it would wear off as it continuously chewed by zombies, so feed Infi-nut with Plant Food. If Surfer Zombie made it inside of the shield, Fume-shroom would be good at dealing with surfboards.
Re-playing defenses level would help you grind a some gems too, at least one gem per level (day) or just plain old nothing. So, have fun and enjoy!
- Created by VeXJL
- Plant two columns of Fume-shrooms in the far back. This will get rid of most zombies that come.
- Plant a Garlic on the far right column on the middle row. Place an Aloe right behind it, then a Magnet-shroom. Be sure to place Lily Pads.
- Dig up the extra Lily Pads that were pre-placed.
- Press the "Let's Rock" button to start the day.
- After the Low Tide, place another Lily Pad behind the Magnet-shroom. Place another Magnet-shroom on that Lily Pad.
- Things should go fine until you are almost at the final wave. Snorkel Zombies will start attacking aggressively, especially on rows 2 and 4. Use Plant Food on the Fume-shrooms on these rows.
- When the final wave comes, wait for the Surfer Zombies to pass the fifth column. Plant a final Magnet-shroom behind the other Magnet-shrooms. You do not need to place a Lily Pad.