Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Big Trouble Little Zombie is a Pool mini-game in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition. It is the mini-game version of Level 3-5 from Adventure Mode. Similar to Level 3-5, the zombies in this level are shrunken and have only a quarter of their regular health, but they come in higher numbers, walk, and eat faster. This mini-game is replaced with Heat Wave in the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSiWare versions of Plants vs. Zombies. On iOS and Android versions, it can be played via Quick Play.
The health of little zombies is as follows:
- Zombie, Snorkel Zombie and Flag Zombie: 3 peas
- Conehead Zombie: 7 peas
- Football Zombie: 20 peas
- Zombie Yeti: 12 peas (runs away after reaching the third square).
Cherry Bombs should be used to blow up large groups of zombies, especially the Football Zombies, while the player sets up Peashooters in every lane. The Wall-nuts on land would be planted where necessary and in the Pool to lure out Snorkel Zombies. In emergencies, Lily Pads can substitute for Wall-nuts to lure out Snorkel Zombies. Save up your Cherry Bombs for waves and large clumps of zombies. It is recommended that the player saves at least two for emergency situations due to the number of zombies.
- Since the zombies have a quarter of their regular health, a pea against a small zombie does damage equivalent to a melon against normal Zombies (excluding the splash damage).
- In the Nintendo DS version, this mini-game is replaced by Heat Wave, possibly because it would be extremely hard for players to see zombies in this mini-game due to the small size and quality of the Nintendo DS version.
- In the Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation 3, and Windows versions, the ambient zombie voices are high-pitched in this level.
- The zombies' small size does not affect their hitboxes.
- Dr. Zomboss' shrinking experiment is shown in the Nintendo DS trailer. Ironically, it is the one version that does not include this mini-game.
- In the iOS version, Snorkel Zombies can jump over the player's Lawn Mowers and even Pool Cleaners, meaning it would reach his or her house quickly.
- The title may be based on the 1986 movie Big Trouble in Little China.
- According to the LawnStrings.txt file, the mini-game's beta name was "Little Trouble."
- †: Strategy page