|Abilities||Do 3 damage.|
|Vicious AND nutritious.|
Berry Blast is a basic common plant trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It costs 2 to play, and its ability does 3 damage to a selected zombie or the zombie hero.
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Berry Trick
- Ability: Do 3 damage.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Vicious AND nutritious.
- Design change: The berries now explode and leave juice similar to Cherry Bomb.
Berry Blast is a cheap and safe way to inflict 3 damage on a zombie fighter or the zombie hero. It is best used to remove or heavily damage a zombie fighter, or flat out finish the zombie hero off with this trick. Sergeant Strongberry synergizes well with Berry Blast, since it will make this deal 5 damage for just 2 sun.
It is not recommended to use this trick on zombies with the Armored trait, and definitely not on the ones that are shielded, as the damage dealt by it will be reduced or nullified. It is much more favorable to use other instant-kill cards in these scenarios, such as Whack-a-Zombie or Shamrocket.
Your opponent might use this on any of your zombies that have 3 health or less, and therefore can destroy some of your tough early-game fighters, such as Conehead, Surfer Zombie, and Toxic Waste Imp. As such, it is recommended to use tricks that can boost your zombies' health above 3 so that this trick won't destroy them. Using Armored zombies or cards that can shield them can reduce the effectiveness of this trick as well. You may also want to keep your health above 3 or else your opponent may use this to instantly defeat you. If you don't have any healing cards, however, you can also play Planetary Gladiator, which can protect you from Berry Blast twice until he is destroyed.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Berry Blast.
- It and Meteor Strike are almost the same, as they both do 3 damage. However, Meteor Strike is a superpower trick, costs 1 sun, and can only be used on a zombie fighter, while Berry Blast is a regular trick, costs 2 sun, and can be used on the zombie hero. Furthermore, Berry Blast can synergize with Sergeant Strongberry as it is part of the berry tribe, while Meteor Strike doesn't have any synergy with other cards.
- Coincidentally, they are both Kabloom tricks.
- Its name is an example of alliteration.
- The berries shown are strawberries, cherries, raspberries and blueberries.