Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For the mini-game in Plants vs. Zombies, see Beghouled.
Beghouled is a Brain Buster in Plants vs. Zombies 2 exclusive to Modern Day. It is based on the mini-game from Plants vs. Zombies with the same name. It is playable on Day 8, Day 13, Day 22, and Day 27. There is also an Epic Quest based on this Brain Buster, called Beghouled Blitz, and a 2016 Piñata Party event dedicated to Beghouled called Beghouled Beyond, which ran from July 26 to August 10.
Gameplay remains essentially similar to that of the first game: The lawn will be filled with plants, and the player can swap one with another directly adjacent to form a match of at least three plants to make them to disappear and gather sun. When matched, the plants will disappear and replacements will drop down from the top of the screen; making longer matches, create multiple matches with one swap (known as a combo) or create additional matches from dropped plants (known as a cascade) will award greatly increased amount of sun for each individual matches compared to a standard match. When a plant is eaten, a crater will be formed which prevents further plants from filling that tile. The sun gathered from matches can be used to upgrade the types of plants present on the field (as well as any other plant of the same type dropping down) instead of the normal uses. The goal of the mini-game is to reach the specified number of matches while preventing the zombies from making it across the lawn. More and stronger zombies will spawn as time goes on. There are also notable changes in the mini-game:
- Creating longer matches (four or more) will cause the moved plant performing its Plant Food effect. It can still be moved and will not disappear if used to create another match as long as the Plant Food effect is still active. Notably, boosted Wall-nut, Tall-nut and Endurian cannot be removed normally as long as their armor is on, and will only disappear if matched together (doing this will also yield an increased amount of sun).
- The player will receive a unique set of Power Ups, which consists of Power Zap and two special ones: Power Shovel allows the player to remove a plant or fill in a crater, while Power Shuffle will reset the entire board, otherwise only done if there is no longer any possible match on the field. The former is also the only way to remove craters in the mini-game, as the action can no longer be brought with sun.
- Some plants have received branching upgrade paths which are mutually exclusive, which means that once a path is picked, the other is permanently unavailable for the rest of the level.
Note that not every plant upgrade is available in a level.
|Base||Upgrade 1||Upgrade 2|
|(2,000 sun)||(3,000 sun)|
|(2,000 sun)||(4,000 sun)|
|(2,500 sun)||(5,000 sun)|
|(2,000 sun)||(4,500 sun)|
All plant upgrades from Beghouled Blitz and Piñata Party.
|Plant||Price (in sun)|
Description: Use Power Shuffle in Beghouled to shuffle plants for more matches!
Cost: 200 coins
Description: Use Power Shovel in Beghouled to remove plants and fill in craters!
Cost: 100 coins
Description: Hold your finger down on a zombie to electrocute it!
Cost: 1,000 coins
Duration: four seconds
- If the player has one of the plants boosted in the Zen Garden and makes a match with them, they will not perform the boost (unless it's by normal Beghouled gameplay).
- When the level ends, the player will still keep the boost until they use it in a level.
- If the plant with a boost is able to be upgraded, upgrading said plant will not make it lose its boost.
- When starting the level, there are no zombies shown, same like the boss battles.
- The level starts with the text "Ready...Set...SWAP!" instead of "Ready...Set...PLANT!"
- Beghouled is the second Brain Buster to be in a Piñata Party, being in a Time Twister Piñata Party besides Special Delivery and Save Our Seeds. The first was Dark Alchemy in a Valenbrainz Piñata Party.
- "Beghouled" is a play on words of "Bejeweled", another game made by PopCap, and "ghoul", referring to the zombies you must fight off.
- †: Strategy page
*: Unconfirmed name