- For other uses, see Barrel Zombie (disambiguation).
Barrel Roller Zombie
|Tribe||Pirate Barrel Zombie|
|Abilities||When destroyed: Make 1/1 Swabbies with Amphibious next door.|
|The second-most affordable way to transport Imps.|
Barrel Roller Zombie is a premium rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Sneaky class. He costs 4 to play, and has 3/3. He has the Deadly trait, and his ability makes a Swabbie on the lanes adjacent to him when he is destroyed, unless those lanes are occupied. His plant counterpart is Banana Split.
- Class: Sneaky
- Tribes: Pirate Barrel Zombie
- Trait: Deadly
- Ability: When destroyed: Make s with Amphibious next door.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
The second-most affordable way to transport Imps.
- ▼ Health change: 3 → 2
- ▲ Health change: 2 → 3
Being a 3/3 zombie for 4, he is a little expensive, as there are cheaper alternatives. Due to his somewhat low stats, you should use him as either a glass cannon, or just a Deadly zombie - find an open lane, or a strong, boosted plant to use him effectively. You can also use this as a defensive zombie as making Swabbies may block attacks from strong plants that are close together, even aquatic lanes as Swabbies have the Amphibious trait.
This zombie combos well with Valkyrie, as this zombie could be used in order to destroyed a strong plant, then he will be destroyed and leave the two Swabbies who would be destroyed sooner or later, and have Valkyrie get 6. You can do the same thing when there is an Unlife of the Party on the field, as he would benefit from the Swabbies including Barrel Roller Zombie himself. Ideally, the best lane to use this on is the 4th lane, as the aquatic lane will be next door, so when this is destroyed, a Swabbie will appear in the aquatic lane. This could offer potential back-up in the aquatic lane against plants like Admiral Navy Bean, or a chance to have a zombie in the aquatic lane doing damage. However, if this zombie is used just for the Deadly trait, Smelly Zombie is a better alternative, as he is cheaper, has more health, and has the Gravestone trait, meaning he is immune to all plant tricks except for Grave Buster.
Because this zombie and the Swabbies made by him are pirate zombies, he can be used with Swashbuckler Zombie to boost all 3 of them. Due to Swabbie being an Imp as well, he also synergises well with Toxic Waste Imp and Imp Commander, provided he is destroyed.
Due to having the Deadly trait and low health, there is little to no reason to use a strong plant against it. Instead, if you have the opportunity, destroy him indirectly with tricks, such as Berry Blast, as he would be destroyed without making you lose a potentially useful plant. Plants with the Splash Damage trait are also preferable, as they can hit this zombie even if they are not on his lane.
- The barrel is smaller than the counterpart in Plants vs. Zombies 2, as the barrel here is the size of the Barrel Roller's head while the version in Plants vs. Zombies 2 is twice the size of the Barrel Roller's head.
- His Deadly trait refers to him being able to crush plants in Plants vs. Zombies 2, and his ability to make Swabbies when he is destroyed refers to him having the ability to make Pirate Imps when his barrel is destroyed.
- When Barrel Roller Zombie is destroyed, his barrel will break on his head, but the imps that come out appear as regular imps instead of Swabbies. Once going into the adjacent lanes, the imps appear as Swabbies.
- Its description may be a reference to Gargantuars being an efficient way to transport Imps.