Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Barrel Blast is the first ability for Captain Deadbeard in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. When used, Captain Deadbeard hides in a wooden barrel with a fuse on it. The player triggers the fuse which leads to the explosion of the barrel after a certain amount of time. When Captain Deadbeard is in the barrel, he will move slower than usual, but after he triggers the fuse, he moves faster. The explosion does up to 150 splash damage to the plants. The player also takes 75% less damage while in the barrel. Its counterpart is Looty Booty Barrel Blast.
Hop inside your trusty barrel to shield yourself from attacks, but that's not all! Light the fuse and run towards your Plant foes an explosive surprise.
- This ability may be a reference to a gameplay mechanic from Sly 2: Band of Thieves. The character Sly Cooper could hop into a barrel of TNT as a disguise and sets the fuse to blow when necessary, similarly to how Captain Deadbeard uses the barrel to sneak in and lights the fuse at will.
- Previously, it used to have a 25% damage resistance. This was increased to 75% in the January 2016 update.
- The last sentence of its Stickerbook description seems incomplete. It should be "Light the fuse and run towards your Plant foes and give them an explosive surprise."
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis: Part One DLC, Captain Deadbeard now has the ability to cancel out this ability, however he can only do so if he hasn't lit the fuse and it goes into cooldown if he cancels it.
- Its name is an example of alliteration.