The barrel is a type of armor that has different purposes in different games, including Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, Plants vs. Zombies 2, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, and Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
In Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, the barrel is worn by Barrel Zombie; it increases this zombie's health. If the barrel gets destroyed, they will move faster.
In Plants vs. Zombies 2, the barrel is used by Barrel Roller Zombie to crush plants. It contains two Imp Pirate Zombies, which will be released after the barrel is broken. Spikeweed, Spikerock, Bamboo Shoot, and a hiding Cactus can destroy it instantly. Like other shields, it blocks Snow Pea's slowing effect and lobbed shots will hit the zombie, instead of the barrel.
In Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, the barrel is worn by Barrel Pirate as a piece of armor.
In Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, the barrel is used by the Barrel Roller Zombie.
In Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, the barrel absorbs 12 shots before breaking and does not degrade. It can be instantly destroyed by Flaming Pea, leaving nothing but a pile of planks left.
In Plants vs. Zombies 2, the barrel absorbs 52 normal damage shots and degrades upon 20, 40, and 52 when the barrel is destroyed. It can be instantly destroyed by Spikeweed, Spikerock, or hiding Cactus.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies Adventures
- The barrel has three x's on it, which means it contained an alcoholic beverage.
- In Barrel Zombie's Facebook description, it says that the Barrel Zombie bought it at a barrel store.
- At the end of the Plants vs. Zombies Adventures trailer, a Barrel Zombie is shown below the title. It is soon attacked by a lone pea, which destroys the barrel. The zombie is then completely naked, with the "proper" spot pixel-blurred.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies 2
- Four eyes can be seen through the barrel. They belong to the Imps.
- There are also three x's, but there are only two visible, because one is cut by hole with eyes.
- †: Metallic