Bananasaurus Rex is a premium legendary plant card appearing in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Mega-Grow plants. It costs 4 to plant and has 3/3 when first played. Its special ability is that, when the player draws a card by either getting one automatically at the start of a turn, or by using effects that give cards, it gets +1/+1. Bananasaurus Rex also does a Bonus Attack after its turn, just like Repeater.
Bananasaurus Rex is based on the Banana, an edible fruit that is botanically a berry, produced by several kinds of large herbaceous, flowering plants in the genus Musa. Its name is a portmanteau of the words "banana," and "Tyrannosaurus rex," the real-life dinosaur that this plant is based on.
The name of the Bananasaurus Rex could also be a reference to the famous internet gamer of the same name, though this may just be a coincidence.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Fruit Animal Plant
- This gains +1 /+1 when you draw a card.
- After combat here, this does a Bonus Attack.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
She's a banana first and a dinosaur second. But it's a close second.
While it is initially not the most cost effective plant, it can become very strong in the late game. Try to increase its power by using cards that allows the player to draw more cards, like Flourish and Holo-Flora. Bananasaurus Rex also acts as an alternative Repeater, but it does not benefit from Torchwood. However, Team-up plants like Torchwood can protect it in the early turns, because it is weak at the beginning of the game.
The player should target this plant before it grows too powerful, as it also grows when other plant cards let them draw more cards. If it gets out of control, use Rocket Science, Locust Swarm, Deadly zombies, or Zombot Sharktronic Sub to destroy it.
- Bananasaurus Rex is one of the five plants that are based on the banana, the other four being Brainana, Banana Tree, Banana Launcher and Banana (an unused plant from Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars).
- Bananasaurus Rex and Repeater are the only plants that do a bonus attack after their turn.
- It's the only fruit card in the Mega-Grow class.
- It is also the only animal card in the Mega-Grow class.