(translation: Banana Tree)
|Special||Throws one leaf when weakened|
|Direct damage||1 normal damage shot per leaf|
|Unlocked||Beating Far Future - Level 10-1|
Banana Tree (芭蕉; pinyin: bājiāo) is a plant in Plants vs. Zombies Online. It attacks zombies by throwing its two leaves as boomerangs in a shortened five-tile range. When it has lost half of its total health, it becomes wilted and throws only one leaf.
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, Banana Tree throws both of its leaves and deals damage in the 3x4 tile area in front of it. If it is wilted, it throws its one leaf in the same range.
Banana Tree works the same way as Fume-shroom with a few gameplay differences. Its range is five tiles compared to Fume-shroom's four tiles, however, it costs 25 sun more than the aforementioned plant and does half its initial damage when half of its total health is gone. Ultimately, strategies where Fume-shroom is at its most effective should also apply to this plant. The player should also keep in mind that both plants have completely different Plant Food effects, so strategies where the player uses Power Tiles on Fume-shroom will not work with this plant.
- Its projectiles act similar to Bloomerang's projectiles.
- However, unlike Bloomerang, each projectile just damages zombies once each time.
- It, Banana Launcher, Bananasaurus Rex and Brainana are the only plants based on bananas.
- It is not actually a tree. The reason is because they have pseudostems instead of regular tree trunks. Pseudostems contain no wood but wrapped leaves instead.
- Also, it is the only Chinese plant to be based on bananas.
- Another thing is that it and Pea-Nut are the only plants to lower rate of fire as it is eaten.
- It is also the only Chinese plant to do so.
- They are often regarded as trees, though they are actually giant herbs.
- Its pseudostem slightly resembles a banana, the fruit it produces.