Banana Split is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Mega-Grow class. It costs 4 to play, and has 4/4. It does not have any traits, and its ability makes a Half-Banana on each lane adjacent to it when it is destroyed unless those lanes are either aquatic lanes, or occupied. Its zombie counterpart is Barrel Roller Zombie.
It was made available in the Weekly Event which ran from May 2, 2017 to May 9, 2017. It was made craftable in update 1.16.10.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Banana Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When destroyed: Make 2/2 Half-Bananas next door.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Event
"I don't want to brag, but hanging out in tub full of ice-cream all day ... not a bad gig if you can get it."
- Added to the game.
- Became craftable.
Banana Split has average stats for a 4 plant, with 4/4. However, its ability can be useful for blocking dangerous threats next door, except the aquatic lane. If there are two strong zombies in adjacent lanes, you can play Banana Split in front of the first strong zombie and let it get destroyed before the fight phase, Half-Bananas can be made so you can block those attacks. In general, you can treat it as Barrel Roller Zombie, but with better stats and lack of any additional traits.
Just note that unlike the Swabbies made from Barrel Roller Zombie, the Half-Bananas made when Banana Split is destroyed do not have the Amphibious trait, so you cannot block an attack from a strong zombie on the aquatic lane. In addition, it only makes Half-Bananas if the adjacent lanes either are unoccupied, or have a Team-Up plant.
You can also use Banana Split's ability to boost Muscle Sprout, although it requires spacing. The Half-Bananas made when the Banana Split is destroyed are counted as playing plants, therefore playing a Banana Split and letting it be destroyed can boost Muscle Sprout for 3/3.
You can treat Banana Split as a stronger plant version of Barrel Roller Zombie as it makes Half-Bananas next door when destroyed. While both Banana Split and the Half-Bananas have strong stats, they do not have Amphibious or Deadly like Barrel Roller Zombie. However, you need to be careful when your opponent plays this as it can block powerful attacks from your strong zombies on adjacent lanes, protecting your opponent for at least one turn.
- Its description has a grammatical error; it should be "hanging out in a tub full of ice-cream".
- It, Half-Banana and Vanilla are the only plants that attack zombies with ice cream.
- Coincidentally, they all fire the same projectile when attacking.
- It was originally going to be a Solar plant, but was changed to a Mega-Grow plant for unknown reasons.
- Before the 1.16.10 update, it would only play the animation of itself splitting in half if there were no open adjacent lanes.