- For other versions, see Bamboo Shoot.
Bamboo Shoot (竹笋; pinyin: zhúsǔn) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. When a zombie is within four tiles in front of it, it will hide in the ground and start attacking by spinning backwards and forwards. It cannot be eaten by zombies. However, any rolling zombie can run over it, destroying it in the process (like Spikeweed). Gargantuars are also able to destroy the Bamboo Shoot by crushing its starting point. Since the 1.2 update to the game, the plant behaves differently — it only damages one group of zombies four tiles away from it.
竹笋 (Bamboo Shoot)
Sun cost: 175
竹笋从土行孙那里习得土遁功夫, 又经过不懈努力, 终于获得 "钻头工程学院" 学土称号。
Bamboo Shoot moves back and forth through the ground, doing damage to zombies step on it.
Plant feature: green plant, short
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, it will hit the last zombies in each line (and any zombies in that tile as well). If their health is low enough, they will be flung off the screen.
It flings one extra zombie off-screen.
The best option is to support it with other area-of-effect plants, and a strong defensive plant, as it is not very strong. You can use it in case a Barrel Roller Zombie appears since it works like Spikeweed. Do not use Plant Food on this unless it is costumed and upgraded, otherwise it simply is not worth to use its Plant Food. It is futile to use this plant to combat any flying zombies, since it is grounded.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Bamboo Shoot (PvZ2).
- As it is rooted to the ground, it cannot be planted on wooden planks in Pirate Seas and minecarts in Wild West. It shares this trait with Potato Mine, White Radish, Clap Grass, Bruce Bamboo, Carrot Missile, Escape Root and Primal Potato Mine.
- However, it can still travel on to the planks when attacking, despite still being underground.
- It and Citron are the only plants that can fling away zombies with their Plant Food ability.
- It, Lava Guava, Jack O' Lantern, Banana Launcher and Escape Root are the only plants that cannot be planted on minecarts.
- Banana Launchers and Lava Guavas can be planted on minecarts in the Chinese version.
- It cannot be planted on minecarts in Wild West. However, it can be placed on Kongfu World minecarts.
- It is the first plant in the Chinese version not to appear in the international version..
- It cannot be selected in Sky City levels.
- The Almanac reference a fictional character called Tuhang Sun, which appears in the Chinese epic novel The Investiture of the Gods.