- For other versions, see Bamboo Shoot.
(translation: Bamboo Shoot)
|Unlocked||Beating Kung-Fu World - Day 3, Collecting 10 Bamboo Shoot Puzzle Pieces|
|竹笋从土行孙那里习得土遁功夫, 又经过不懈努力, 终于获得 "钻头工程学院" 学土称号。|
Sun cost: 175
竹笋从土行孙那里习得土遁功夫, 又经过不懈努力, 终于获得 "钻头工程学院" 学土称号。
Bamboo Shoot moves back and forth through the ground, when stepping on him, does damage to zombies.
Plant feature: green plant, short
Bamboo Shoot escaped from Sun acquisition attempt, and through unremitting efforts finally wins soil science title from the "Drill Engineering Institute".
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, it will hit the last zombies in each line (and any zombies very close to it). If they have low enough health, they will be flung off the screen.
It flings one extra zombie off-screen.
- As it is rooted to the ground, it cannot be planted on wooden planks in Pirate Seas and minecarts in Wild West. It shares this trait with Potato Mine, White Radish, Clap Grass, Bruce Bamboo, and Carrot Missile.
- However, it can still travel on to the planks when attacking, despite still being underground.
- Bamboo Shoot and Citron are the only plants that can fling away zombies with their Plant Food ability.
- It can destroy a Barrel Roller Zombie's barrel and Pianist Zombie instantly at the cost of destroying the plant.
- Bamboo Shoot, Lava Guava, Jack O' Lantern and Banana Launcher are the only plants that cannot be planted on minecarts.
- Banana Launchers can be planted on minecarts in the Chinese version.
- Bamboo Shoot cannot be planted on minecarts in Wild West. However, it can be placed on Kung-Fu World minecarts.
- Its attack and Plant Food animation have changed as of the 1.2 update.
- It now does less damage and only attacks once 4 spaces in front of it, as opposed to spinning back and forth like before.
- It is the first plant in the Chinese version not to appear in the international version.
- It cannot be selected in Castle in the Sky levels