- You may be looking for the Bamboo Shoot from Plants vs. Zombies Adventures or the Spawnable Plant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
(Translation: Bamboo Shoot)
|Unlocked:||After beating Kung-Fu World - Day 3|
|Bamboo Shoot was born out of the ground and learned earth Kung-Fu, and went into a state of reform, he used his earth martial arts to learn farming.|
Bamboo Shoot (竹笋) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time. When a zombie is within four tiles in front of it, it will hide in the ground and start attacking it by spinning back and forth. It cannot be eaten by zombies. However, any rolling zombie can run it over, destroying it in the process (like Spikeweed). Gargantuars are also able to destroy Bamboo Shoots by crushing its starting point.
Sun Cost: 175
Bamboo Shoot was born out of the ground and learned earth Kung-Fu, and went into a state of reform, he used his earth martial arts to learn farming.
When fed Plant Food, it will hit the last zombies in each line (and any zombies very close to it). If they have low enough health, they will be flung off the screen.
Level 2: Has 20% chance to push zombies back, attack +50%.
Level 3: Has 40% chance to push zombies back, attack +50% again (total +100%=2x).
Its Plant Food ability can fling one extra zombie off-screen.
- As it is rooted to the ground, it cannot be planted on wooden planks in Pirate Seas and Minecarts in Wild West. It shares this trait with the Potato Mine, White Radish, Clap Grass, Small Bamboo Cage, Carrot Missile, etc.
- However, it can still travel on to the planks when attacking, despite still being underground.
- This and Citron are the only plants that can fling away zombies with their Plant Food ability.
- It can destroy a Barrel Roller Zombie's barrel and Pianist Zombie instantly.
- Before the 1.2.1 update, if a planted Bamboo Shoot is in the first line that zombies come, it will attack very fast.
- This and Banana Launcher are the only plants that can't be planted on minecarts.
- Bamboo Shoot cannot be planted on minecarts because it attacks by drilling through the ground. It would cause many glitches if it could be moved.
- Its attack and Plant Food animation have changed as of the 1.2 update.