- For other versions, see Bamboo Shoot.
(translation: Bamboo Shoot)
|Unlocked||Beating Kung-Fu World - Day 3, Collecting 10 Bamboo Shoot Puzzle Pieces|
|竹笋从土行孙那里习得土遁功夫, 又经过不懈努力, 终于获得 "钻头工程学院" 学土称号。|
Bamboo Shoot (竹笋; pinyin: zhúsǔn) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. When a zombie is within four tiles in front of it, it will hide in the ground and start attacking by spinning backwards and forwards. It cannot be eaten by zombies. However, any rolling zombie can run over it, destroying it in process (like Spikeweed). Gargantuars are also able to destroy the Bamboo Shoot by crushing its starting point. Since the 1.2 update to the game, the plant behaves differently — it only damages one group of zombies four tiles away from it.
Sun cost: 175
竹笋从土行孙那里习得土遁功夫, 又经过不懈努力, 终于获得 "钻头工程学院" 学土称号。
Bamboo Shoot moves back and forth through the ground, doing damage to zombies step on it.
Plant feature: green plant, short
Bamboo Shoot escaped from Sun acquisition attempt, and through unremitting efforts finally wins soil science title from the "Drill Engineering Institute."
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, it will hit the last zombies in each line (and any zombies in that tile as well). If their health is low enough, they will be flung off the screen.
It flings one extra zombie off-screen.
The best option is to support it with other area-of-effect plants, and a strong defensive plant, as it is not very strong. You can use it in case a Barrel Roller Zombie appears since it works like Spikeweed. Do not use Plant Food on this unless it is costumed and upgraded, otherwise it simply is not worth to use its Plant Food.
- As it is rooted to the ground, it cannot be planted on wooden planks in Pirate Seas and minecarts in Wild West. It shares this trait with Potato Mine, White Radish, Clap Grass, Bruce Bamboo, and Carrot Missile.
- However, it can still travel on to the planks when attacking, despite still being underground.
- Bamboo Shoot and Citron are the only plants that can fling away zombies with their Plant Food ability.
- It can destroy a Barrel Roller Zombie's barrel and Pianist Zombie instantly at the cost of destroying the plant.
- Bamboo Shoot, Lava Guava, Jack O' Lantern, Banana Launcher and Escape Root are the only plants that cannot be planted on minecarts.
- Banana Launchers can be planted on minecarts in the Chinese version.
- Bamboo Shoot cannot be planted on minecarts in Wild West. However, it can be placed on Kung-Fu World minecarts.
- Its attack and Plant Food animation have changed as of the 1.2 update.
- It now does less damage and only attacks once 4 spaces in front of it, as opposed to spinning back and forth like before.
- It is the first plant in the Chinese version not to appear in the international version.
- Just like Spikeweed or Spikerock, this plant cannot attack Seagull Zombie and other flying zombies.
- It cannot be selected in Castle in the Sky levels.