|Abilities||Start of turn: This transforms into an Astrocado.|
|Getting defeated is the pits.|
Astrocado Pit is a token plant card in in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Solar class. It costs 1 to play, and has 1. It has no traits, and its ability transforms it into an Astrocado at the start of the next turn.
It is based on the pit of the avocado, the fruit of the Avocado tree, which is a member of the flowering plant family Lauraceae.
Its name is a portmanteau of Astrocado, whose name is a portmanteau of the prefix "astro-," referring to it being in the Galactic Gardens set, and "avocado," the real-life plant it is based on; and "avocado pit."
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Seed Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: Start of Turn: This transforms into an Astrocado.
- Set - Rarity: Token
Getting defeated is the pits.
- Added to the game.
- Description change: Was originally Give him time. He'll grow on you.
This plant is very vulnerable, as it has only 1, and doesn't have any strength. However, make sure it stays alive, as next turn it will turn into an Astrocado. Keeping this plant safe will be difficult due to its low health. Placing it in an empty lane the simplest however potentially risky solution given the plan is still subject to the Zombie Hero's tricks.
However, different heroes can have different ways to further protect this plant or removing threats to the plant.
- Wall-Knight can protect it with tough Team-Up plants such as Wall-Nut or boost his health using Steel Magnolia.
- Chompzilla can boost its health with Fertilize, though it will be a bit of a waste as next turn this will become an Astrocado.
- Rose can Freeze or Bounce zombies that threaten Astrocado Pit, helping it to survive the turn.
- Solar Flare can use Berry Blast and Sizzle to destroy zombies that threaten this plant. In addition, she can play this in Pair Pearadise, creating a copy of Astrocado Pit, so if both of them survive, you'll have two Astrocados next turn.
Astrocado Pit is not a threat by itself, but by the fact it becomes an Astrocado if it survives one turn. So you must destroy this plant before that happens. Due to it's low health, this should be an easy task, as basically any zombie can defeat it. Another idea is to use cheap tricks like Nibble or Bungee Plumber to destroy it.
- Its old description was very similar to Doubled Mint's, except the sentences were swapped and the word "just" is removed. In the 1.16.10 update, it was changed to Astrocado's original description, while Astrocado's description was changed.
- It, Lil' Buddy, Seedling and Lightspeed Seed are the only seed plant cards in the game.