|Abilities||When destroyed: Gain an Astrocado Pit.|
Astrocado is a galactic legendary plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 5 to play, and has 5/3. It has the Strikethrough trait, and its ability adds an Astrocado Pit into the plant hero's hand when it is destroyed.
It is based on the fruit of an avocado, a member of the the flowering plant family Lauraceae.
Its name is a portmanteau of the prefix "astro-," referring to it being in the Galactic Gardens set, and "avocado," the real-life plant it is based on.
Its ability is probably a reference to the phoenix, a legendary bird that will rebirth into a egg once destroyed and hatch into a phoenix back again, with the Astrocado Pit being the egg and the Astrocado being the phoenix.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Fruit Plant
- Trait: Strikethrough
- Ability: When destroyed: Gain an Astrocado Pit.
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Legendary
- Added to the game.
- Description change: Was originally Getting defeated is the pits.
This plant can be seen as the reverse of Power Flower, and can be played again if Astrocado Pit is well taken care of.
Each hero can use Astrocado effectively:
- Wall-Knight can cards such as Photosynthesizer to boost its health, allowing it to stay alive for longer or protect it and its pit with tough Team-Up plants such as Wall-Nut.
- Solar Flare can play Pair Pearadise and then this plant to effectively do double the damage on the zombie hero or use Sunburn to play this earlier. She can also use cards such as Berry Angry to make it hit harder.
- Rose can Freeze or Bounce zombies that threaten Astrocado.
- Chompzilla can boost its stats with Fertilize or Plant Food (which also makes Astrocado do a bonus attack) to make it even more threatening and harder to take down. She can also play Bananasaurus Rex since if Astrocado is destroyed, it will add a card into her hand, boosting Bananasaurus Rex's stats.
Astrocado Pit is a very cheap 1 plant but has a very fragile 1. If this plant is protected during the turn, it will transform back into an Astrocado essentially bringing the powerful plant back for only 1. This cycle can be repeated indefinitely until the Astrocado Pit is destroyed. If you are playing as Wall Knight, you can play Astrocado Pit in a Force Field to make sure you will get a Astrocado next turn, along with it being shielded unless your opponent has an instant-kill trick or a environment in their hand.
Since it has only 5/3, there are few solutions for you to destroy it without getting hurt by it, such as Rocket Science, Zombot's Wrath, or a string of other Tricks. Take note that it will give your opponent an Astrocado Pit once you successfully destroy it, so if you do not destroy the Astrocado Pit, you will have to destroy Astrocado again, wasting your cards.
In order to ensure the Astrocado does not return, having a cheap way of dealing with the 1 Astrocado Pit is highly suggested. Cheap removals like Bungee Plumber or Rolling Stone can get rid of it with ease. Additionally, putting pressure on all land lanes could discourage the Plant Hero from playing the Astrocado Pit. You can also play a Trapper Zombie to destroy the Astrocado Pit the plant hero will most likely play.