|Abilities||When played: Increase your Hero's maximum by 10. Heal your Hero for 10.|
|Your Hero will feel out of this world. And so will your skin.|
Astro Vera is a galactic legendary plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 8 to play, and has 5/5. It does not have any traits, and its ability increases the plant hero's maximum health by 10, and heals them for 10. The former ability cannot be nullified by Sneezing Zombie.
It is based on an aloe vera, a plant species of the genus Aloe that is cultivated for agricultural and medicinal uses.
Its name is a portmanteau of "astro-," referring to it being in the Galactic Gardens set, and "aloe vera," the real-life plant it is based on.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Cactus Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: When played: Increase your Hero's maximum by 10. Heal your Hero for 10.
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Legendary
Your Hero will feel out of this world. And so will your skin.
- Added to the game.
This card is very effective at being a clutch card, capable of bringing back the game since it heals you for 10. You do not need to worry about playing this if your health is over 10, as it also increases your maximum health, ensuring a large amount of healing to you when it is played.
You can combine this with Heartichoke to deal massive damage on your opponent. Pepper M.D. can also be boosted to +2/+2 when you play Astro-Vera.
Each Solar hero has their own ways of using this card well:
- Wall-Knight can protect it with tanky Team-Up plants such as Wall-Nut and Water Chestnut. He can also target powerful zombies that can deplete your health with Shamrocket.
- Rose can use Rescue Radish to Bounce back Astro-Vera so she can replay it later.
- Solar Flare can use tricks such as Berry Blast and Sizzle to damage zombies attempting to destroy it. She can also use Sunburn to make more sun, allowing her to play this faster. She can also play this on Pair Pearadise or pair it with Imitater to instantly get double the healing effect.
- Chompzilla can boost its stats to make it even more threatening, as well as provide bonus attacks from cards like Coffee Grounds.
However, it is best not to rely on this plant's ability to change the game as your opponent may have powerful cards like Gargantuars' Feast to deplete your health faster than you can heal from it. Be sure to use other supporting cards to survive the game, especially 2nd-Best Taco of All Time as this plant is quite expensive. It is also best to remove any Sneezing Zombies on the field, as you will only get a maximum health boost from the plant otherwise.
On top of its great stats, Astro Vera also has a dangerous ability. It is best to destroy it with an instant-kill trick such as Locust Swarm and Rocket Science. It becomes even more dangerous should Heartichoke be on the field, as it can do 10 damage to you. Also, do not Bounce it unless it can ensure your win, as the plant hero can replay it to make it even more threatening. In addition, if Heartichoke is on the field, be sure to destroy her before Astro-Vera is played. Otherwise, you will take a great amount of damage, essentially losing the game. If you cannot destroy Heartichoke, using Planetary Gladiator can sponge the damage you would take. Sneezing Zombie is also a good counter to this plant's ability, as she prevents your opponent from healing for 10. However, your opponent will still get their maximum health boosted.
- It is currently the only fighter that can adjust the maximum health of the hero without the help of special gimmicks.
- Its legendary shine effect is unique, as unlike other legendaries, it is colored. This color is the same as Astro Vera's.
- It is currently the only cactus card in the Solar class.
- It is the second plant in the series to be based on an aloe vera, the first being Aloe.
- Coincidentally, both of them have healing abilities.