Sun cost: 125
Asparagus attacks zombies in the upper, lower and front lanes.
Special: It attacks the front, upper and lower row.
Plant feature: green plant, weapon family, flying plant
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Asparagus gains a helmet and fires at all spaces in its range with high damage.
Its shots push zombies back.
Asparagus is a really useful plant to use early in the game, as it's one of the only multi-directional plants the player can obtain easily. Asparagus can take care of tons of zombie, as it can shoot in three lanes. Asparagus can also be used to breeze through early worlds like Pirate Seas or Kongfu World. It can also take huge chunks out of Zombots with its Plant Food effect. However, it does have a few second delay, as well as a random targeting system, which can be unreliable at times. In addition, plants like Snapdragon outclass this. It is, however, a better choice than Snapdragon in Sky City as Asparagus can be planted on air. Although, Asparagus' Plant Food effect and regular attack outclasses Snapdragon's by radius.
- Its design seems to be based on that of the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
- It reuses Peashooter's helmet during its Plant Food effect.
- It, Aspearagus and Acespearagus are only the plants based on asparagus.
- It is the only one that is Chinese exclusive.
- It is also the only one that is still available.
- It can attack six times before resting.