Artichoke Drone is an alternate ability of the Garlic Drone and the ability for Cactus which is unlocked via sticker packs. It has 20 health instead of 5, but its primary attack, Artichoke Hearts, deals less damage. The Baby Corn attack drops one corn at a time and takes four seconds to recharge. Each Baby Corn can deal up to 25 damage. Its zombie counterpart is the Rocket Drone, however only in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, as the Zombot Drone and its counterpart are replaced by the Parrot Pal in Garden Warfare 2. It takes 60 seconds to recharge. Its Artichoke Hearts deal five to seven impact damage and seven to nine critical damage based on the distance.
The Artichoke Drone has a really thick skin. This gives it more health and helps it last longer in a fight. However, it does not have the same firepower as its Garlic counterpart.
- Using a feature, it is possible to fly with it by placing the Cactus on top a small rock, but the feet of the Cactus should be on the edge of the rock, for it to pass under. Once the Cactus is on top of the drone, the Cactus will stay on top of the Artichoke Drone and it can fly to high places which would be impossible to reach otherwise with the Tallnut Battlements. Its teammates can also jump on top of the Artichoke Drone, which is much easier since all they have to do is jump on. This also can happen with the Engineer's Zombot Drone. Although it is mostly useless unless the player is on top a building not too far off the ground or it is playing as the Painter (which already has long range shots).
- The background of the sticker card for it is similar to Main Street in Gardens & Graveyards mode.
- It is one of the few plants that do not appear in the previous games.
- Like other drones, it can be destroyed by its own corn strike when nearby.
- Like other drones, it will get destroyed if it touches water.