Armor Chomper is the Super Rare armored variant of the Chomper in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He is slower but has 50 more health (75 if upgraded), mark the total of 200 health (225 if upgraded and 215 in Garden Warfare 2), meaning that he is the playable character with the third most health in Garden Warfare 2, being only beaten by Iron Citron, Torchwood and Z-Mechs (not including Boss Mode and the Infinite Robots). The Armor Chomper was introduced in the Zomboss Down DLC pack in Garden Warfare.
Every morning, the Armor Chomper dons his suit of armor and prepares for battle. He tries to lube up his joints during respawns so he doesn't sound too creaky.
Though his armor slows him down, he has added health, and his bites deal extra damage!
The primary weapon of the Armor Chomper is Metal Chomp which deals 50 in Garden Warfare and 45 in Gardern Warfare 2 damage per chomp.
Goop is Chompers' only "ranged" attack, purple goo is spit out. If an enemy is directly hit, they will take light amounts of damage over time, obtain lower speed (including turning around), and preventing the use of their abilities, making the zombie an easy target to chomp.
Burrow allows the Chomper burrows underground to cover a large distance quickly or to ambush zombies. Can easily be countered by Engineer's Sonic Grenade. While burrowing, the time remaining in burrow mode is displayed in a meter at the bottom of the screen, called Dig Power. Not moving will reduce the rate at which the Dig Power is consumed. The player may remain motionless once activating Burrow for approximately 15 seconds before being forced back to the surface.
Chomper deploys a Spikeweed, which snare zombies that step on it, making it defenseless from its adversaries and hung upside-down (deals 25x2 damage) for a short period of time or until being vanquished. Any zombies using improvised armor will have their armor destroyed by being caught in a Spikeweed, leaving them vulnerable. The Spikeweed can be damaged and destroyed by zombies. The player can have three Spikeweeds.
Super Sticky Goop
An alternate ability of Goop, Super Sticky Goop renders an enemy zombie unable to move, with the same reduced turn speed as normal goop. The downside is that the cool down is twice of the normal goop and its damage is halved.
An alternate ability of Burrow, Sprint Burrow is just like Burrow, but faster and leaves the player underground with a shorter time.
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Spiky Spikeweed does increased damage to zombies caught for a total of 70 damage (35x2 damage). The downside is that only two can be stockpiled at a time, versus the regular three.
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Vampweed doesn't deal any damage, but it will heal you a total of 40 hp (10x4 hp) and still snaring zombies. Like the Spiky Spikeweed, only 2 can be stockpiled at a time.
An alternate ability of Goop, the Chomp Cannon does not goop zombies, but rather launches a projectile from the Chomper's mouth after a second that deals a great amount of damage if it hits a zombie. This is useful for attacking Zombies on the rooftops.
Emptying out his pockets has lightened the load, and allows him to move faster.
Zombies cause indigestion! Having iron stomach-plating makes the agony pass a little quicker.
Now that he eats a balanced breakfast every morning, he is feeling healthier than ever.
Despite Armor Chomper's extremely high health, it is possible for him to be overwhelmed due to his low movement speed, which is why the Burrow is crucial to the Armor Chomper's survival along with the speed upgrade. When playing as Armor Chomper, always stick close to teammates near objectives. By doing this, the player can successfully halt objectives with his high health, tank damage from enemies, and keep his health up. Though optional, it might be useful to hold the Super Sticky Goop for the extra second could mean your life.
Armor Chomper excels in the Gnome Bomb due to his tanking ability while carrying and defusing objectives even though having a side-effect for being slow.
If the player ever wanted to kill for increased bounty it is best to equip Sprint Burrow and Cheesy Goop ability especially when you directly hit a zombie with the goop which can deal up a total of 25 damage. This will lead you killing any zombies with 125 health with just two Metal Chomps and that is why a Sprint Burrow is equipped because if you choose to swallow, it is a lowly decision except when having a low health.
- ▲ Digestion time was decreased after a chomp escape (i.e. victim got away using anti-chomp ability like Jackhammer).
- ▼ Brought Chompers regeneration delay to parity with all other playable characters.
- Tuned Chomper camera to be closer to that in Garden Warfare.
- ▲ Improved all digestion time upgrade multipliers.
- ▼ Bite damage was decreased from 50 to 45.
November 2016 Patch
- ▼ Health was decreased from 225 to 215.
- ▼ Rate of fire was decreased from 100 to 85.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- Only his teeth, gums and tongue are not made of metal.
- Even if the "Emptied Pockets" upgrade is unlocked, he is still the slowest playable character having the speed of a normal Chomper without a speed upgrade.
- He is one of the five Chomper variants whose stem and leaves have different colors, the others being Count Chompula, Hot Rod Chomper, Chester Chomper, and Chomp Thing.
- Even though the he moves slower than the other Chompers, Burrow will still allow him to move at the same speed as a normal Chomper.
- His weapon, Metal Chomp, deals twice the damage of a standard chomp from the front (50 damage per bite instead of 25) and chomps a little faster than half rate, resulting in it being more damaging.