Arm Wrestler is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Hearty class. It costs 1 to play, and has 2/2. It does not have any traits, and its ability gives it +1/+1 every time a plant is played on, transformed on, or moved onto its lane.
- Class: Hearty
- Tribe: Sports Zombie
- Traits: None
- Ability: This gets +1/+1 when a plant enters this lane.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Lots of carbs, lots of protein, and five brain shakes a day.
- ▲ Health change: 1 → 2
- ▼ Ability change: This gets +2/+2 when a Plant enters this lane. → This gets +1/+1 when a Plant enters this lane.
This is a very strong zombie early on. If the player gets the chance to play it, play it immediately. There are very few methods the plant hero will be able to effectively remove it on turn 1, which can give the upper hand in the early game. Giving him health boosts will make it extremely dangerous and difficult to destroy without the use of tricks.
Consider pairing it up with Sumo Wrestler or Terrify, which can move weak plants to its lane so it can activate its ability, or move dangerous plants out of its way so it can survive for longer. Black Hole can also be played on this zombie's lane, which not only moves any plants played to its lane, but also lowers their strength, possibly preventing them from destroying Arm Wrestler.
Later on, however, it is usually very weak when played, as the opposing hero can play stronger plants that can outdamage Arm Wrestler. So the earlier you play it, the more effective it becomes in combat.
One solution is to play superpowers. Sunburn, Power Pummel, Mush-Boom does just enough damage to destroy it, Tater Toss makes a Hothead that can get rid of Arm Wrestler, and finally, Transmogrify and Rose's Goatify can neutralize it regardless of its stats, although Transmogrify has the risk of transforming it into something stronger. If you don't want to play superpowers, you can play cheap damaging tricks such as Berry Blast or the cheapest one, Banana Bomb.
If Arm Wrestler is moved to a lane that already has plants, it will not receive a boost. Whipvine and Sweet Pea can easily handle Arm Wrestler, provided it hasn't gained too much health. Sweet Potato can do the same too, but it requires a plant that can take it out with Sweet Potato unless it is boosted.
Bouncing it can simply force Arm Wrestler back into your opponent's hand, removing all of its stat changes. However, it is recommended to Bounce it only if it becomes too dangerous, as your opponent can just play it again on an empty lane.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Arm Wrestler.
- Some of its character design, especially its voice and black baseball cap, are a reference to the Sylvester Stallone film Over The Top, which centered around arm wrestling.
- Transforming a plant on its lane activates its ability, since it counts as playing a plant.
- It does not activate its ability when Wild Berry moves to its lane.
- When it is destroyed, it appears to punch its own head off.
- Its description appears to be an explanation of how it got its muscles.
- Statwise, Arm Wrestler can be the most powerful fighter that can be played on turn 1. This is possible if Shroom for Two is played on its lane.