The Arctic Trooper spent last winter assigned to the Zomboss Arctic H.Q. where he learned survival tricks and ate a bunch of snow.
The Arctic Trooper's icy shots slow, and eventually freeze Plants in their tracks!
The Frozen Z-1 Assault Blaster is the primary weapon of the Arctic Trooper. The facts below apply to a fully upgraded weapon.
- The base close range damage per hit is 7 and the critical is 8.
- The max DPS at close range is 72.7.
- The base middle range damage per hit is 6 and the critical is 7.
- The max DPS at middle range is 63.6.
- The base long range damage per hit is 4 and the critical is 5.
- The max DPS at long range is 45.5.
- The weapon deals no splash damage.
- The weapon has an ice effect; when a hit is made it slows the target. If around 15 hits are dealt, the target will be frozen.
- The ammo in a clip is 30.
- The reload time is 2.1 seconds.
- The projectile speed is medium.
- The weapon is full auto.
- The bloom is medium.
ZPG fires an extremely powerful projectile that explodes on impact. It requires a 25-second recharge after use.
Rocket Jump will launch the zombie high into the air. It is very useful for gaining an elevated advantage. It requires a 20-second recharge after use.
Zombie Stink Cloud
Zombie Stink Cloud arcs a gas grenade in front of the zombie; any plants inside the gas suffer damage. The gas is also extremely helpful for cover. It requires a 20-second recharge after use.
An alternate ability of ZPG, the Foot Soldier will launch four rockets to attack plants upon using the Multi-Rocket.
An alternate ability of Rocket Jump, the Foot Soldier will go a further distance, but will not jump as high. Rocket Leap also has two uses.
Super Stink Cloud
An alternate ability of Zombie Stink Cloud, Super Stink Cloud lasts shorter but does more damage than the Zombie Stink Cloud.
Less Frozen Reloader
The reloader sometimes gets iced up, but the less frozen one is great! The reload time has reduced for sure!
Arctic Ammo Pouch
Ammo capacity increased through clever use of arctic pockets.
Harder Ice Pellets
Harder Ice Pellets naturally do more damage.
The Arctic Trooper is good for players that can reliably stay focused on their target as landing around 15 consecutive hits with the Arctic Trooper will freeze the enemy solid, fully immobilizing them and rendering them unable to use any abilities. If you wish to use the Arctic Trooper effectively, you need to be able to reliably land your hits as missing too many shots may cause you to empty your entire magazine without freezing your opponent. Once you do freeze it though, it gives you enough time to do one thing, this can be, for instance, reloading your weapon so you have a full magazine ready by the time your opponent unfreezes, activating the ZPG and trying to shoot it before it gets free or use the time given to escape if you are severely injured. Do not try to do more than one thing while your opponent is frozen though, as you will run out of time since three seconds is not much.
- ▲ Magazine capacity was increased from 25 to 30.
- ▲ Increased ammo upgrade from 30 to 35 magazine capacity.
- ▼ Decreased freeze rate by 10%
- In the Great White North map, near the first garden, there are ice blocks which have Arctic Troopers in them.
- In Garden Ops, they usually appear during a Super Yeti Wave, serving as support enemies.
- On Crazy difficulty however, they can spawn in place of a normal Foot Soldier.
- His appearance is greatly reminiscent to that of an Inuit.