On July 17th, 1893 he discovered the first ever complete Chomposaurus Rex skeleton. On July 18th he forgot where he left it.
His close-range Excavator fires gold, gems and all sorts of valuable artifacts.
The Primary Weapon of the Archaeologist is the Excavator. It has a larger clip size (which is 12 ammo by default and 15 when upgraded), a faster fire rate and longer range but deals remarkably less damage. It will also make loud noises, which can be easily detected by the plants.
The Excavator has a bizarre damage profile, dealing 12-15 damage at mid and long range, about 15-22 damage at close range and about 27-33-49-51 damage at extreme close range.
Sticky Explody Ball
Sticky Explody Ball is an explosive ball which explodes when an enemy plant is in a meter radius. It deals 50 damage.
With Warp, the player teleports to a location in preferential vision. The player deviates upward to go up stairs, small fences, etc.
Zombie Heal Station
The Zombie Heal Station heals all zombies within its radius.
Mega Heal Bomb
An alternate ability of Sticky Explody Ball, Mega Heal Bomb is a huge ball like the Sticky Explody Ball with a bigger radius. Heals all zombies in its radius by 50 health.
An alternate ability of Warp, Energy Warp allows the Scientist transferred into a pure energy that travels with the ability of invincibility. The Scientist is able to travel freely but can neither jump nor attack. It also gains a small speed boost.
Armored Heal Station
An alternate ability of Zombie Heal Station, Armored Heal Station heals at a slower rate than the Zombie Health Station, and self-destructs the same time as the Zombie Heal Station. Its incredible size allows players to jump on it to get to most buildings.
Sticky Cheetah Ball - GW1 Only
An alternate ability of Sticky Explody Ball, Sticky Cheetah Ball is orange in color with black spots, deals 75 damage.
Cheesy Warp - GW1 Only
An alternate ability of Warp, Cheesy Warp has the same use as Warp but deals 30 damage to all plants after reaching its destination.
Cheetah Heal Station - GW1 Only
An alternate ability of Zombie Heal Station, Cheetah Heal Station heals much faster, but also self-destructs faster.
Heal Beam of Science - GW2 Only
The Heal Beam of Science is the Computer Scientist's first activatable ability. Similar to Heal Beam, it will heal any zombie targeted by it, healing faster the closer the Scientist is to the healed target.
This mysterious relic of zombie history has made reloading even faster.
Expanded Treasure Bucket
He is now filling his treasure bucket to the brim, increasing his ammo.
An amazing new discovery: Smashing the treasure into broken bits has improved his damage.
- While most Scientists' primary weapons behave like shotguns (that is, having a large spread and being effective only at close range) the Excavator is actually a projectile weapon with close range spread. This gives it a similar behavior to the primary weapons of most Scientists but also allows it to hit long range targets.
- In-game, he has a monocle and a mustache but none of them appears in the Stickerbook, despite being part of his default look.
- This happens in reverse with the Rocket Drone which has a propeller in the Stickerbook but has none in-game.
- Archaeologist, Welder, and Centurion are the only three characters to have a visible flame line flowing with it in every direction he goes.
- He is also the only one of these characters to not be a fire-based class.
- His ammo resembles ancient money.
- According to his Stickerbook information, his ammo is broken treasure bits, suggesting that the ammo could be smashed coins.
- If one looks closely, his projectiles further resemble jewels from Bejeweled.
- His description refers to the similar fossil skeleton of the Chomposaurus on the Cactus Canyon map at the first capture point on the western side. The skeleton can also be found on the Jewel Junction map, as well as in the Dinoland section of the Seeds of Time map.
- His description says that the skeleton belongs to a "Chompasaurus Rex", a parody of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- According to the Stickerbook, the Archaeologist lived in the 19th century.
- In the Legends of the Lawn DLC, the Archaeologist was given a slight damage boost at the end of his trajectory.
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis Part Two DLC, the weapon damage range was increased from 6 meters to 7 meters, and its reload time was decreased from 2.25 to 2 seconds.