Aquatic plants are plants that can only planted in water (except Guacodile and Small Lotus, which can also be planted on land), which only appear in the Pool and Fog levels in Plants vs. Zombies, and Big Wave Beach in Plants vs. Zombies 2. The six aquatic plants are Sea-shroom, Lily Pad, Cattail, Tangle Kelp, Guacodile, and Small Lotus.
The player can buy Cattail at Crazy Dave's Twiddydinkies for $10,000. In the Zen Garden, these plants, with the exception of Cattail and Guacodile, must be placed in aqua pots or moved to the Aquarium Garden.
|Lily Pad||25||Lets the player plant non-aquatic plants on water|
|Tangle Kelp||25||Instant kill|
|Cattail||225 (+25)||Homing Spike shooter|
|Guacodile||125||Shoots seeds, rushes down lane when touched. It can't shoot seeds in the water but can on land.|
|Small Lotus||200||Fires seeds at zombies, stronger in the water than on land|
- In the Zen Garden, the aqua pot for the aquatic plants is bigger than the Flower Pot for the non-aquatic plants if grown at least once by fertilizer.
- Guacodile and Small Lotus can be planted on both land and water, effectively making it amphibious. Likewise, Rotobaga, Ghost Pepper, and Caulipower can also be planted both land and water; however this is because they hover.
- Small Lotus is the only aquatic plant that is Chinese exclusive.
- Sea-Shroom and Cattail are the only aquatic plants from PVZ 1 that haven't returned to PVZ 2.
- However, Cattail returned in the Chinese Version.