(translation: Angel Star Fruit)
|Range details||Fires in ten directions|
|Unlocked|| Collect 10 Angel Starfruit Puzzle Pieces|
Children's Day event (iOS)
The little pink princess Angel Starfruit really despises on the local Starfruit, she believes that he is too lazy to rotate the stars, lacking in pursuit.
Angel Starfruit (天使星星果; pinyin: tiānshǐ xīngxīng guǒ) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It was released for Children's Day event in May-June 2016. It is a ten-directional version of Starfruit, capable of launching five stars at once, but with the ability to sometimes change their direction by rotating its body.
Its costume (an angel wing with halo ring) references the fact it has "angel" in its name.
Note: Angel Starfruit's recharge is Fast in-game.
天使星星果 (Angel Starfruit)
Sun cost: 225
Angel Starfruit launches stars in ten directions.
Range Details: Fires in ten directions
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Angel Starfruit will shoot a large amount of stars while rotating.
When costumed, it shoots a mix of red and blue stars. Red stars dealt more damage, and blue stars functioned like ice projectiles, and slows zombies as well as extinguishes flames.
Its use is similiar to Starfruit, the difference is that it deals stronger damage and has a chance to change its directions. Plant multiple of them in different columns and rows will help the Angel Starfruits to reach their max potential of shooting in all possible directions at once.
The power of its Plant Food effect is well known (according to the Chinese PvZ2 community) and some players say that it is impossible for zombies to appear if Plant Food is given frequently. So it is recommended to plant it on Power Tiles or use Tile Turnips.
- It is the second Chinese plant to be based on an existing plant, the first being Sunflower Singer.
- Coincidentally, both of them were released for special events.
- They are both female according to the Almanac.
- They are both of somewhat royalty. (Angel Starfruit being described as a princess, Sunflower Singer as a popstar.)
- It has blue eyes and one tooth in the promotional material, but it has the same eyes as Starfruit (but with eyelashes) and no teeth in the game.
- It and Starfruit are only plants based on starfruits.
- It, Pretty Little Plum, Rose Swordsman, Jack O' Lantern, Flame Mushroom, and Match Flower Boxer are only the plants with a sun cost of 225.
- Out of all, Jack O' Lantern is the only plant in the international version to have such sun cost.
- This is one of the few plants which cannot be used in PvP Mode.
- According to her almanac entry, she despises Starfruit because he is "too lazy to rotate his stars".