- For the Chinese version of the level, see Ancient Egypt - Day 9 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of the level before the v1.8 update, see Ancient Egypt - Day 9 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Ancient Egypt - Day 9 is the ninth level of Ancient Egypt in Plants vs. Zombies 2. The Explorer Zombie is first introduced in this level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks the Grave Buster.
Explorer Zombie can be a problem if the player does not bring the Iceberg Lettuce, as they could burn their plants if they don't freeze them. Luckily, the Explorer Zombie does not pose much of a threat in this level with the low density of zombies.
Tombstones still appear in this level, so the player should bring plants that lob over tombstones or pierce through them, like Cabbage-pult or Bloomerang. Bloomerang will also help against Camel Zombies.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||None||1x Plant Food available|
|6||None||1x Plant Food available|
|8||None||1x Plant Food available|
|10||2 4 1 5 2 3 4||Final wave; 1x Plant Food available; Sandstorm!|
- Required plants:
- Plant a column of Sunflowers, then stall and kill zombies with Iceberg Lettuces and Potato Mines.
- Start placing Cabbage-pults on the second and fourth columns from the left and Bloomerangs on the third and fifth columns and from the left.
- Place Wall-nuts on the fourth column from the right.
- When an Explorer Zombie comes in, freeze it with an Iceberg Lettuce so it cannot burn down plants anymore. This will also earn you the achievement No Smoking.
- Be careful when zombies via sandstorms come in, since they can immediately go to the fifth column from the left.
Using premium plants
Using Torchwood along with Iceberg Lettuce makes the frozen zombies unfreeze. Hence using Torchwood is not recommended. Also, the Pea-nut will be bad because the Explorer Zombie will simply burn it. Use the Power Lily to get more Plant Food. If you have the Imitater, imitate Iceberg Lettuce to extinguish the torches of Explorer Zombies. Also, Snow Pea will work great in this level, as it will extinguish Explorer Zombies, and will give you time to stop the big amount of zombies in this level. Cold Snapdragon functions a similar purpose, but also work better against graves.
- *: Removed