Ancient Egypt - Day 33 is the 33rd level of Ancient Egypt in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Last Stand level. The player starts the level with 2250 sun and two Plant Food. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
Since it is one of 10 new levels added in 5.8.1 update, this level is hard, despite having only Mummified Gargantuars, Explorer Zombies, and Torchlight Zombies, as the former will be a meatshield, allow the latter to destroy the player's defenses. Ice plants like Winter Melon or Snow Pea are highly recommended. With leveled up plants, this level's difficulty can be reduced to medium.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||1 4||None||First flag|
|6||1 5||None||Second flag|
|9||3||Final wave; Sandstorm!|
- Created by Lehongducsnapdragon
- Required plants
- Plant three Electric Blueberries on the first column, three Apple Mortars on the second column (second, third and fourth lanes). Finally plant the Cacti on the third column
- At final wave, feed Plant Food to the Electric Blueberries.
- Created by Zombies1706
- Required plants:
- Note: It is recommended to get both Shovel Boost and Shovel Perk. The Spring Bean and Blover combo is important and requires good timing.
- Plant two columns of Laser Beans (first and second column). They should be able to destroy all zombies except Mummified Gargantuars.
- When a Mummified Gargantuar enters the lane, put Spring Bean below it, then immediately use Blover to blow it away (requires good timing).
- Use Primal Potato Mine to heavily damage the Mummified Gargantuars if there are too many on screen.
- The level goes on quickly, so you should only use Plant Food on Spring Bean, then immediately plant Blover to blow all zombies away. You can only do this twice during the level.
- If you do not have enough sun to do the combo above or plant a Primal Potato Mine, you can dig up Laser Bean.
Strategy 3 (The mine field)
- Created by yuanyc06
- Required plants:
- Simply plant Potato Mine in the whole lawn. The Potato Mine works best since it will not trigger the Mummified Gargantuar throwing its imp.
- Continuously plant additional Potato Mines, Primal Potato Mines, or Cherry Bombs to fill in the empty tiles. Have a cup of coffee and enjoy the detonating show. Mind the arming time of your mines, though.
- You can also use the Shrinking Violet to ensure that the Mummified Gargantuars will not throw their Imp Mummies.
Strategy 4 (Winter peas)
Created by ThrawnCA
- Required plants:
- Winter Melon
- Primal Peashooter
- Potato Mine OR Primal Potato Mine OR Shrinking Violet OR Squash
- Winter Melon and Primal Peashooter have great synergy. Primal Peashooter's knockback makes zombies clump together, increasing the melons' splash damage, and the slowing effect of Winter Melon makes knockback especially potent, since zombies take longer to make up lost ground.
- Plant Winter Melon in the second and fourth lanes of the first column.
- Plant a column of Primal Peashooters in front of the Winter Melons.
- When you have collected enough Gargantuars in one place, or they get too close to your defences, hit them with explosives. Shrinking Violet is particularly helpful, since it hits an area and prevents them from throwing Imps.
- The second and fourth lanes will probably be cleared first; once that happens, quickly sell your Winter Melons so you can launch more bombs. Hurrikale can be useful here if you have it.
Strategy 5 (Push and Chill)
Created by DeathZombi
- Primal Peashooter's knockback will work well with Cold Snapdragon's chill effect. Primal Potato Mine is used for any Gargantuars that get close to the set up. Instants of your choice are used in the final wave to clear any last remaining zombies.
- Plant a full row of Primal Peashooters in the 1st column. You should have 1375 sun remaining.
- Plant a full row of Cold Snapdragons in the 2nd column. You should have 625 sun remaining.
- On the third column, plant 3 Cold Snapdragons in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rows. Do not plant them in the first and last rows. You should have 175 sun remaining. Start the onslaught.
- Note: Mummy Imps thrown will be quickly killed by the Cold Snapdragons. At most they will only be able to get off one bite.
- If your Primal Peashooters are inconsistent with their knockback, plant a Primal Potato Mine in case if the Mummified Gargantuars get too close or use a Plant Food on one of your Cold Snapdragons.
- On the final wave, once the Gargantuars are cleared from the bottom row, shovel up the Primal Peashooter and Cold Snapdragon to get sun.
- Finish off the rest of the Gargantuars with your instants. Shovel any of your plants if needed for more fire power.
- *: Removed