Ancient Egypt - Day 24 is the 24th level of Ancient Egypt in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Last Stand level. The player is given 2250 sun in this level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks Twin Sunflower and the boss battle of Ancient Egypt.
The player has to face Explorer Zombie and Pharaoh Zombie, which is a deadly combination, as Explorer Zombie can burn plants. This can destroy the player's defense easily. Furthermore, Pharaoh Zombie has a high amount of health and can also protect Explorer Zombies, allowing them to instantly bypass their defenses. This is the only Last Stand level in the game that allows the player to use the Iceberg Lettuce, so they can use it to their advantage. Two major sandstorm ambushes appear in this level, bringing many zombies which act like shields. However, all of the ambush zombies are Mummy Zombies. The player's strategy should be good enough to deal with them.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|2||1 2 4 5||None|
|7||1 3 5 2 4||None|
|8||1 3 5||None|
|9||1 2 3 4 5||None|
|10||Final wave; Sandstorm!|
Iceberg Lettuce can be used in several ways. Iceberg Lettuce can be used to extinguish the torch of an Explorer Zombie or to freeze a Pharaoh Zombie. Using Plant Food on an Iceberg Lettuce will freeze and extinguish everything on the screen. However, after an update you are now unable to plant them during setup: therefore, they are much less effective. However, they can still be useful for stopping major threats.
- Created by RaidingParty
This strategy allows the level to be completed without using Plant Food, paid content, premium plants, power-ups or losing any lawn mowers.
- Required plants:
Plant five Laser Beans in the first column. Plant two Magnet-shrooms on the top and bottom rows of the second column and one Snapdragon next to each (leaving the middle empty). Plant five Wall-nuts in the third column and five Spikeweeds in the fourth, waiting for tombstones in the way to be destroyed first if need be.
The Laser Beans will destroy Explorer Zombies before they can get too close, while Magnet-shrooms, Snapdragons and Spikeweeds will handle the Bucketheads, Coneheads, and sandstorm zombies. Pharaoh Zombies may inflict some damage on your Wall-nuts but not enough to break through, especially if they are slowed down from afar with Iceberg Lettuce. If somehow they do manage to take down a Wall-nut, simply dig up a Spikeweed and replace the Wall-nut.
- Required plants:
Plant Repeaters in the first column, Bloomerangs in the second column, and Wall-nuts in the third column. Use Iceberg Lettuces to freeze Pharaoh Zombies or Buckethead Zombies. You can also use a Potato Mine to defeat these zombies. You can save sun to replace eaten or damaged Wall-nuts. In the final wave, use Plant Food on an Iceberg Lettuce twice, so you can defeat all of the zombies easily. You can replace Bloomerangs with Cabbage-pults.
Plant the two first columns full of Laser Beans and the third column full of Wall-nuts. Use Plant Food on one of the middle row Laser Beans when the line of three Pharaoh Zombies passes through there at wave 4. Use the rest of the Plant Food on the Wall-nuts if they need it.
- Plant five Electric Peashooters in the first column.
- Plant five Bloomerangs in the second column.
- Plant five Primal Wall-nuts in the next free column.
- Use Plant Food on Iceberg Lettuce or Kernel-pult to stun all the zombies if needed. Only do this if one or more of your Tall-nuts are degraded.
Plant Melon-pults in the back column, Tall-nuts in front, and place Iceberg Lettuce in all other spots. If you have Imitater, use it on Iceberg Lettuce. In the end, if the Tall-nuts are breaking down, use Plant Food on one of them or use Plant Food on a Melon-pult for damage. Plant more Iceberg Lettuces as you go to stop Explorer Zombies.
- Plant five Kernel-pults on the back column.
- Plant five Snapdragons on the second column.
- Plant five Tall-nuts on the third column.
- Plant Iceberg Lettuce in all other free spaces.
Using premium plants
Do not take Pea-nut and Torchwood with you as the Explorer Zombie is in this level. Imitating Iceberg Lettuce is recommended to extinguish the torches of Explorer Zombies. Take Snow Pea if you want to slow down the speeding Pharaoh Zombies.
Your Bloomerangs must cost 150 sun, or this will not work. However, they also need to be powerful enough, and deal enough damage (that's why they need to be level 4).
Simply place three columns of Bloomerangs. Easy, right?
Throughout the level, just use Iceberg Lettuce to freeze random zombies. Without them you can still beat the level.
When the final wave comes, wait for the huge sandstorm to come, then those basic zombies to die, then use your Plant Food. They should be placed on the two lanes with Pharaoh Zombies, and the other should be used on any lane with a Buckethead Zombie.
- Between the 1.7 and 1.9 updates, the player could not lose lawn mowers.
- Iceberg Lettuce can be used in this level. No other Last Stand level allows it. This makes it the only Last Stand level to allow a free plant to be used.
- In the past, Iceberg Lettuce was allowed to be spammed onto the lawn after picking the plants. Prior to an unknown update, Iceberg Lettuce can only be placed after the player starts the zombie onslaught, probably to nerf the number of Iceberg Lettuces the player can plant on the lawn, since it is a free plant.
- *: Removed