Ancient Egypt - Day 18 is the eighteenth level of Ancient Egypt in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Last Stand level. This is the first Last Stand level of Ancient Egypt, as well as the intended first of the game. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
This level is the first Last Stand in Ancient Egypt and intended to be the first in the game. In this level, 2000 sun is given automatically in order to plan a defense. Two Plant Food is also given to the player at the start.
Sun producing plants and free plants are not allowed. This Last Stand level is swarmed with Camel Zombies, as well as Mummy Zombies via Sandstorm ambush. Bloomerang and any other piercing plants are ideal here, as they can easily take down the zombies mentioned above.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|1||1= 3- 5+||Sandstorm!|
|2||= 2- 4-||None|
|3||1+ 2- 4- 5-||Sandstorm!|
|4||1= 3- 5=||None|
|5||= - 4- 2+||Sandstorm!|
|6||= - - +||None|
|7||1 2 3 4 5 +||Final wave; Sandstorm!|
Using premium plants
Avoid using instant use plants such as Squash, Power Lily, or Jalapeno, unless you have sun leftover for them. Kiwibeast is a great option on this level, as there are no zombies that can destroy it instantly on this level, making it a solid option. Cold Snapdragon can handle these zombies well, but it made need some support from a defensive plant, (such as Wall-nut) to handle Bucketheads in the top and bottom lanes. Electric Blueberry is good in last stands, since you can place a bunch of them at the start of the level, and watch them rain lightning on any zombie. Finally, Explode-O-Nut is a good option, as every zombie here can eat it, allowing it to potentially destroy a big group of zombies.
Plant a column of Cabbage-pults in the back of the lawn. After that, do a column of Peashooters in the next column. Next to that, a column of Bonk Choys and then a column of Wall-nuts. Wait until the two gravestones on the Bonk Choy area are destroyed and then plant the two Bonk Choys. Only use Plant Food on Bonk Choys if you need to salvage something. When you have zero Plant Food, hit Turbo and watch the level play itself. If you play well, you should get to the final wave with all five lawnmowers.
- By Mathdude314
Use Plant Food when things get rough. If the zombies are still alive, shovel Pepper-pults and get partial profit. Use that sun on instant kills.
Plant Food is most likely not needed.
Easy Crazy Mode
- By RaidingParty
- This strategy does not require Plant Food, premium content, gemium plants, or losing any lawn mowers.
- Simply place a column of Repeaters and a column of Laser Beans (place the Laser Beans in the second column). They will obliterate all the enemies, including the Buckethead Zombies.
- A Buckethead Zombie may take down a Laser Bean at the end of the level if it is lucky but will still not survive.
- If it is somehow necessary (very rarely, usually due to a combination of poor firing rates from Laser Beans and too many sandstorm zombies in the way), dig up plants to create a Wall-nut if needed.
- Rotobagas can be used as a substitute for Repeaters (placed ahead of the Laser Beans) and seem to have a 100% success rate in saving lawn mowers. You may also use two Laser Bean columns.
- Fill the first two columns with Dusk Lobber and the third with Wall-nut. Use plant food on the final wave if you so wish. The Dusk Lobbers will make it look like the zombies never existed.
This strategy does not require any lawn mowers or Power Ups, nor does it require any defensive plants.
- Place a column of Bloomerangs on the first column closest to the house.
- Place a column of Red Stingers right by the Bloomerangs.
- Place two Snapdragons on the second and fifth row of the third column.
This strategy will make you beat the level very easily, and will easily overpower the Bucketheads and Camel Zombies.
- Place a column of Laser Beans on the first column closest to the house.
- Place a column of Snapdragons on the second column closest to the house.
- Place a column of Wall-nuts on the third column closest to your house. (You have to wait until the plants destroy the graves in order to fill in the two rest tiles.
- On first and fifth lane, place Wall-nut at the first column, with Spikerock in front of it.
- On three other lanes, place Snapdragon at the back, followed by Wall-nut and Spikerock in front of it.
- Assuming all your plants are in level 1, you will have 50 suns left.
- Use plant-food on Snapdragons to get rid of Buckethead Zombie quickly (optional).
- There is a modified version of this level in the Gem Jam Epic Quest.
- *: Removed