Ancient Egypt - Day 17 is the seventeenth level of Ancient Egypt in Plants vs. Zombies 2. The objective of this level is to never have more than 14 plants at a time. When this level is finished for the first time, the player receives the Plant Food boost upgrade, allowing the player to hold one more Plant Food during gameplay.
The objective and the Explorer Zombies can make the player lose this level easily. The player should pay close attention to both. Luckily, the player will be notified if they try to place down a plant when the limit is reached that they cannot place another plant. The toughest zombie that appears in this level, Buckethead Mummy, only comes out once. It's recommended to save Plant Food for him. A Bonk Choy and Wall-nut combination is a good choice, and Bloomerang is also a great choice since it is one of the earliest plants with an attack that hits multiple zombies. Bringing along Iceberg Lettuce is also helpful, as they can stall Explorer Zombies to protect said plants, especially with its Plant Food ability.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||None||600%/7 Plant Food|
|6||None||600%/7 Plant Food|
|8||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|10||2 4 1 5 2 3 4||Final flag; Sandstorm!; 500%/7 Plant Food|
- Suggested plants
- Start by one column of Sunflowers along with Potato Mines and Iceberg Lettuces.
- Plant one column of Bonk Choys.
- Remove some Sunflowers for planting Wall-nuts.
- If you want to plant Bloomerangs first, remove all the Sunflowers until only one is on the lawn.
Using premium plants
- Use the Pea-nut, instead of the Wall-nut. It can save space and it will be counted as one plant, while it blocks and attacks zombies at once.
- This is the first level to have an objective about limited plants.
- However, the player could go to another world and do a limited plant objective level there.