- For the Chinese version of this level, see Ancient Egypt - Day 1 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Ancient Egypt - Day 1 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Ancient Egypt - Day 1 is the first level of Ancient Egypt in Plants vs. Zombies 2. The mummy variants of the Basic Zombie and the Conehead Zombie are introduced. Additionally, Ra Zombie makes his first appearance. When this level is finished for the first time, the player obtains the Map of Space-time-ness and unlocks Vasebreaker.
(Crazy Dave and Penny appear)
Penny: Welcome to Ancient Egypt!
Penny: Please wait 4500 years for your taco to be ready... more or less.
Crazy Dave: That doesn't smell right.
Crazy Dave: I'm sure my taco is around here somewhere, but in the meantime...
Crazy Dave: These plants were made for plantin'.
(Crazy Dave and Penny leave)
(After the player completes the level and receive the Map of time-space-ness)
Crazy Dave: Good news! Penny found a map to my taco!
Penny: No, that is a time-space map to the worlds we could explore.
Crazy Dave: Mummies and pirates and cowboys, oh my!
Penny: We should be able to find some way to access the other worlds.
Penny: For now we're ready to press on in Ancient Egypt!
(After pressing Ancient Egypt)
Crazy Dave: Now this looks like the map to my taco!
Penny: To be precise this is a world map where we can find plants that can help us and...
Crazy Dave: ...
Penny: User Dave, there are more important things at hand than...
Crazy Dave: Let's go get my taco!
- Since this is the first level of the game (with the exception of the Player's House levels), this level is generally easy. Even with the Player's House plants only at the disposal first time around, the player should have no worries about losing, as the biggest threat is the Conehead Mummy. Lawn mowers are also present although they are likely unneeded due to how easy the level is.
- Ra Zombies can steal sun, and can be an obstacle if the player is not fast enough to grab the sun. However, they are weak, can only hold a few amount of sun, and they give back sun if they are killed.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
- Two columns of Sunflowers combined with three columns of Peashooters are recommended, along with using Potato Mines to defeat the first two or three zombies.
- It is possible to complete the stage with one column of Sunflowers and three columns of Peashooters.
- Another strategy involves two columns of Sunflowers, two columns of Peashooters, and one column of Wall-nuts .
- Created by EpicGamer23468
- Note: This strategy contains plants that were only available for a limited time, and cannot be obtained anymore.
- Note 2: This strategy will only work after replaying, as you will not have access to the shop when you first play the level.
Firstly, place down a column of Sunflowers. When the first zombie comes, you should have around the cost of a Dandelion (275 sun). Aim for one or two columns of Dandelions.
- Created by Natapat
- To begin the stage, it is advised to kill the first two zombies or so with Potato Mines before planting the first Peashooter.
- The Ra Zombie is no more threatening than a Mummy Zombie. Do not overreact when you first see one.
- You can stall a Ra Zombie by allowing him to attract your sun and picking it up at the last second.
- Wall-nuts can be used if a Conehead Mummy manages to get too far into your defense.
- Created by Ballistic Planet
- This strategy is for those who are beating the level for the first time.
- Stall the first couple of zombies with Potato Mine, and follow the plant below.
- Created by Ballistic Planet
This strategy is for those who want to beat Ancient Egypt - Day 1 very quickly.
- Required plants:
- This strategy is simple. Start off with Sunflowers to produce sun, and then use Cold Snapdragon to destroy every zombie. Two columns of Cold Snapdragons are all that is needed to defeat every zombie.
- Start by planting Sunflowers in the back two columns. Once zombies come out, plant Cold Snapdragons on the seventh column in the lanes adjacent to the middle lane.
- Continue filling the seventh column with Cold Snapdragons and building Sunflowers in the back.
- Finish by filling the sixth column with Cold Snapdragons.
Strategy 5 (Pinata Farming)
- Created by Camwood777
This strategy is useful for farming Ancient Egypt pinatas, and can be done in about a minute per round.
- Required Plants:
- Play your gold bloom for the sun.
- In the eighth column, place a Cold Snapdragon on the first, second, fourth, and fifth rows. *Fast forward.
- ...Basically you've already won if you set things up correctly; the pairs of Cold Snapdragon will easily take care of the roadcone zombies, the toughest zombies there.
- You can, of course, add onto the strategy with the addition of more plants, but this is the easiest one to set up.
Strategy 6 (Free Roaming)
Created by Binhluuthanh
This strategy is useful and helpful for those completed Ancient Egypt.
- Required Plants:
- Plant Sun-shroom in two column and three Winter Melons.
- There, use a Plant Food to boost Winter Melon.
- Also, in the fifth and sixth column, place five Primal Wall-nut and ten Spikerock to defend three and fourth rows.
- Finally, plant several Lava Guavas to burn the zombies
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Ancient Egypt - Day 1.
- This is the first level in Plants vs. Zombies 2 to have a new zombie which did not appear in the original game.
- If the player turns the game off, returns, and receives a message advertising the Zombot Sphinx-inator before beating this level, the Map of Space-time-ness will appear despite not being obtained yet.
- Day 1 is the first level in Ancient Egypt in which no Plant Food is given.
- This level's dialogue makes a reference to Nancy Sinatra's These Boots Are Made For Walkin'.
- *: Removed