- For the Plants vs. Zombies 2 version, see Ancient Egypt.
- For the version in Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version), see Ancient Egypt (Chinese version).
- For the version in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars, see Ancient Egypt (PvZ: AS).
Ancient Egypt is the second world in Plants vs. Zombies Online. This world contains 30 levels, which is 5 levels less than its Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart. It also introduces "quicksand" on some levels that can make the zombies go faster through the lawn and they will make these tiles unable to be planted on, and never-before-seen plants and zombies, which are different from its counterpart.
Despite being only the second world of the game, it is considered to be the hardest world in Normal Mode. The zombie waves come in very fast while the zombies come in large numbers, not to mention the final wave in each level being extremely long.
|3-1||Choice||One||Tombstones are present|
|4-1||Choice||One||Tombstones are present|
|5-1||Choice||One||Tombstones and quicksand are present|
|6-1||Choice||One||Tombstones and quicksand are present||2 Cabbage-pult Puzzle Pieces|
|7-1||Choice||One||Tombstones and quicksand are present||2 Cabbage-pult Puzzle Pieces|
|8-1||Choice||One||Tombstones and quicksand are present||2 Repeater Puzzle Pieces|
|9-1||Choice||One||Tombstones are present||2 Bonk Choy Puzzle Pieces|
|10-1||Two||Normal level and boss battle with , fireballs and additional Ancient Egypt zombies summoned by .||2 Potato Mine Puzzle Pieces|
- The lawn looks significantly different than the lawn from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- It now has ten columns instead of nine.
- The plants' and zombies' sides of the screen vary greatly from the sequels'.
- It was originally the first world in the game.
- It used to have Pomegranate-pult as an obtainable plant, but it was moved to Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum.
- This may be because the boss battle in this world had Pomegranate-pult in it when it was the second world.
- Despite being actually "sand drifts", PopCap still mentions it in the Almanac as "quicksand" (流沙).