- For the international version, see Ancient Egypt.
- For the version in Plants vs. Zombies Online, see Ancient Egypt (PvZO).
Ancient Egypt (Chinese version)
An empty Ancient Egypt lawn.
|Game||Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)|
|Number of levels||15|
|To unlock||Available at the beginning of the game|
|<< Locations >>|
Ancient Egypt (神秘埃及; pinyin: shenmi aiji) is the first world in Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version). The player's real journey starts here and the world itself is home to a variety of mummies. There are 15 levels in this world, 10 plants to make use of and 12 zombies to fight against.
In this world, the lawn functions exactly as it normally would on a daytime level from the original Plants vs. Zombies. The main difference here is that tombstones spawn in at the start of the levels (just like night levels from Plants vs. Zombies, except that it is considered daytime with sun dropping from the sky).
Ancient Egypt does not have a game description on when the event took place in the timeline unlike the other eight worlds. It is assumed that the approximate is between 3100 BC to 332 BC. The story is Crazy Dave wants to eat his taco again, so he uses Penny - his time machine to go back for his taco, therefore, they have arrived around 2491 BC.
- Main article: Special Delivery
Special Delivery is an exclusive conveyor-belt level for Ancient Egypt. During this level, the player is forced to used all the plants that are in the conveyor-belt to pass the level. Like its previous levels, this one is just a standard level.
Save Our Seeds( Pre- 1.8 )
- Main article: Save Our Seeds
In this Brain Buster, the player was forced to survive the wave of zombies and protect the endangered Sunflowers. Otherwise, they woils fail the level. In the previous updates of this Brain Buster, the player cold dig the endangered plant but now in the latest updates, digging is omitted in order to prevent immediate defeat. Since the 1.8 update, there are no Save Our Seeds levels in Ancient Egypt.
Locked and Loaded
- Main article: Locked and Loaded
Locked and Loaded restricts the player to plants that are given within the level. They are only required to use the plants given to them in order to win the battle. Even though certain plants are locked, they have the ability to use that plant (unless it is unlocked already). This will serve as a demo for that plant if that ever manages to happen. The player must win only using the given plants to them. Locked and Loaded serves as a reference for a certain weapon in real life, where once it is armed, it should not be disarmed anymore.
- Main article: Mummy Memory
Mummy Memory is Ancient Egypt's exclusive Brain Buster. In this Brain Buster, they will tap two ceramic signs to reveal the symbols. If the player manages to get the two similar symbols (e.g. two skulls), the zombie will immediately die. However, if they pick different ceramic signs with different symbol appearing (e.g. a skull and a lucky clover), the sign will flip again.
- Main article: Last Stand (PvZ2)
Last Stand makes a return once again. Just like its previous game, the player can start the onslaught and survive five consecutive waves. However, in this game, the player has to survive one flag only with extreme numbers of Zombies storming the Player's lawn and most likely will attack violently with Sandstorms. The player is provided with great amount of sun and Plant Food as there are no zombies that will carry a Plant Food in order to aid the player from winning. Sunflowers and Twin Sunflowers are not allowed in this brain buster. If the player is very creative enough to formulate his or her own plan, the player can win without the aid of Plant Food.
For all the non-Chinese trivia about Ancient Egypt, see Ancient Egypt.
- Previously, the tombstones disappear then appear again after the player have chosen the plants. After an update, the tombstones then do not appear from the start but they only appear after the player have chosen the plants. This was later fixed and now, tombstones appear right from the start and do not disappear after the player have chosen the plants.
- Since the 1.8 update, it and Sky City are the only worlds in the game which have no Save Our Seeds levels.
- This is one of the two worlds in the game that does not have 24 levels, the other being Modern Day (Chinese version). In this case, it has 15 levels, making it the world with the least number of levels in the game.
- This is also the only world where only the first star in each level can be obtained.